newb 2 BlueIris

Reaction score
hi

i am trying to webstream a local open mic on a weekly basis and create a security system for a local coffee house.

got a couple of Foscam ip cameras and Blue Iris. The coffee house has a sound system. Will tie things together with a win 7 pro system.

Temporarily will create a youtube channel to upload performances.

Question 1: Is there an easy way to stop and restart recordings between performances?

(once you stop the performance the idea would be to rename and upload the file in almost realtime as the following performance takes place.)

Q2: Use MP4? or something else?

Q3: is there detailed doc on the UI anywhere? I got the download version. It seems like I have to be supercareful with resepct to keeping the sound going.

Thanks in Advance,

Joe

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I dont know that blue iris is the right software for web streaming live performances. The audio will certainly not be good enough. You are better off using a good 1080p webcam and a web service (im sure there are many) that allow for the live stream. For security purposes, foscam is junk. If you can, return them, and look at the dahua's and hikvision that many of us are using.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can use blue iris with the hikvisions and dahua (i do as i prefer the options it gives me), although they have their own free software ivms and pss respectively that is free. The OEM software also uses in camera motion detection so it is less resource intensive so you dont need a modern i3, i5 or i7 to run it (depending on how many cams).

Reaction score
still need some help

You know - no matter what HW i have, my 3 questions still stand.

Question 1: Is there an easy way to stop and restart recordings between performances?

Q2: Use MP4? or something else?

Q3: is there detailed doc on the UI anywhere? I got the download version. It seems like I have to be supercareful with resepct to keeping the sound going.

I still need a hand with BlueIris here.

Thanks

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1) right click on the camera > start manual recording....to stop do the same.
YOU MUST CHANGE THE MAX LIMIT FOR MANUAL RECORDINGS, go to the main blue iris options > cameras> limit manual recording, set that really high like 10000 seconds or whatever.
2) You any of the formats youtube supports https://support.google.com/youtube/troubleshooter/2888402?hl=en
3) There is a help option in each window and you can click on the "i" icon on top and view the help file.
If you are using the foscam, the audio will always be terrible. Dont waste your time...
To get the best quality recording, get a regular video camera that allows you to add a mic and get a good quality mic..record to SD card and upload.
Again the foscam + blue iris is not proper way of doing this...