Newb from San Diego

Reaction score
Just joined, read through the posts regarding the Dahua products (Thanks NAYR, you the bomb!). Been using a couple of old 2MP Dahua bullet cams (HFW-2100N-0360B) for a few years outside the house on a BI server, but its time to upgrade the home perimeter, primarily due to a crazy trespassing neighbor who we dont trust our animals to be anywhere near (lawsuit pending).

Just ordered the following up from Andy, along with a 3TB drive, better mouse,1k feet of outdoor CAT5E, etc, etc. I'm an old network engineer, so the IP routing stuff (and cable runs) are no big deal, I've owned IP cameras for 10+ years, and I install half a dozen cheap Costco Lorax systems a year at client locations, so I anticipate the usual level of moderate hassle and problems for the install.... much less due to the posts on this forum!

QNTY 1, NVR-5216-16P-4KS2
QNTY 4, HFW-4431R-Z
QNTY 1, HFW-8232E-Z

With the above new 5 cameras, plus the two old 2100N's, I should have a pretty good perimiter setup. Definately looking forward to getting off BI and onto an IP DVR. Ill try and post up a review of the new cameras (with pics, of course!) once I get it all up and running and the bugs worked out.
Cheers!