Newb: Remote Windows rem. access not working, but Android BI app, & local works.(Pics)

Reaction score
Four pics:
1. The error message I am getting.- shows address in Chrome
2. Canyouseeme.org check
3: Local access working
4. Options screenshot

I am using Windows 10 64.
Blue Iris is running well. BTW, what a cool program.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
If you are trying to log in from your home network and are using a router modem combo your issue is related to nat loopback

Reaction score
Thank you for your help! I googled "nat loopback', and I understand now. Also, I think I understand hairpinning now.

Thank you for deleting my IP address pics. I wondered about that and thought that unless someone had my passwords they still couldn't get through the firewall. That is, I thought someone would need more than my public IP. Thanks for helping with this.

Reaction score
I am not enabling hairpinning and left intact the security measures such as auto-ban IP unsuccessful attempts. Also increased banned limits. Hope I'm OK.

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thank you for deleting my IP address pics. I wondered about that and thought that unless someone had my passwords they still couldn't get through the firewall. That is, I thought someone would need more than my public IP. Thanks for helping with this.
Generally, yes, they would. But, with the public IP and information potentially gleaned from your posts it gives someone a very specific place and thing to start picking at. More so than just poke and hope, so to speak.