newbie! 1 camera installation WAS working!

TheLAD

n3wb
Reaction score
Retired guy starting my own system for entertainment. Have a fair background in computers to build on. I spent awhile reading these great forums and printing/reading the wiki.
I bought a IPC-T2231T-ZS from Andy, installed BlueIris on a Windows 10 machine I had spare, connected camera to the NIC via Zyxel GS1900-8HP, connecetd to the internet via a second NIC (WiFi) and got everthing running just using the resources from this forum.

Then:
1. changed my mind about where the camera would go, so I set it in a window.
2. Today, I updated to the most recent BI that is "stable"
3. Turned off the camera IR since it is behind a window
4. Then deleted the camera and added it back to change its name to match new location.

Somewhere in these changes --- the camera will now not record (even though set for continuous recording) and does not capture any triggers. I can manually record. It looks like the camera is stuck in Profile 0 (see screen shot) but I can't see how to get it out of that mode.

screen shot.png

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Please provide a screen shots. full frame (use windows 10 snip & sketch tool)

1) Blue Iris Setting about tab
2) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) clip storage tab
3) Blue iris settings clips and archiving tab , for the NEW folder, stored folder, (two screen shots)
4) the camera properties the record tab.
5) the the camera properties the record, file format

TheLAD

n3wb
Reaction score
I think I solved it. All the profiles, instead of being selected, were deselected. A newbie could not see the difference between "greyed out" icons and selected icons.
See scree shot.

Thanks for offer to help Southern Yankee

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
OK glad it is fixed.
---------------------------------------
My Standard allocation post.

1) Do not use time (limit clip age)to determine when BI video files are moved or deleted, only use space. Using time wastes disk space.
2) If New and stored are on the same disk drive do not used stored, set the stored size to zero, set the new folder to delete, not move. All it does is waste CPU time and increase the number of disk writes. You can leave the stored folder on the drive just do not use it.
3) Never allocate over 90% of the total disk drive to BI.
4) if using continuous recording on the BI camera settings, record tab, set the combine and cut video to 1 hour or 3 GB. Really big files are difficult to transfer.
5) it is recommend to NOT store video on an SSD (the C: drive).
6) Do not run the disk defragmenter on the video storage disk drives.
7) Do not run virus scanners on BI folders

Advanced storage:
If you are using a complete disk for large video file storage (BVR) continuous recording, I recommend formatting the disk, with a windows cluster size of 1024K (1 Megabyte). This is a increase from the 4K default. This will reduce the physical number of disk write, decrease the disk fragmentation, speed up access.