Newbie from NYC

Reaction score
So I am a total beginner. Very mechanically inclined. My neighbors yard was recently burglarized, prompting me to get a security system. I was searching the net to get info on a lorex system i was going to purchase and came along the forum. I want a very good IP system. Why not come to the experts and get some advice before i spend $1500 on a system that i will not be happy with. My yard is actually very long as i purchased the lot behind my home. so te yard is 100 feet by 40 feet. thats actually big for NYC..... lol. what would be recommended. i would like to install 8-10 cameras that I could view remotely.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi Mario and welcome to the forum. IMO cameras are a deterrent. So is a dog. I'd get a dog and cameras...and I'd make certain that anyone approaching your property knows you have both.

vector18

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Marioromero, I am in Queens,NY and I wouldn't mind coming over and helping you make your decision. I'll give you some advise and steer you the right way. Let me know if your interested.

spyfly81

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Marioromero, allowing vector18 to help you would make your job much easier in the long run.

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. @vector18 knows his stuff, I would definitely take him up on that offer.

Last edited:

Big Daddy

n3wb
Reaction score
Marioromero, I am in Queens,NY and I wouldn't mind coming over and helping you make your decision. I'll give you some advise and steer you the right way. Let me know if your interested.

WOW, that's what I call "Hands on Research,"

I'm also a Newbie. I'm from Alabama and I'm also looking for a high quality IP System. Vector18, could you swing by Alabama on your way to see Mariomromero? Just kidding of course. Like Mariomromero, I was/am looking at Lorex and their 400 series NVR and 6 or so cameras, bullets and PTZ. I will be installing my system at my lake house including inside my boathouse. I've researched quite a bit but I'm always open to learn more and hear from an experienced voice.