Newbie Frustrated With Lorex

Joybell3

n3wb
Reaction score
I am not really a technology buff. I rather just deal with it when I need it. The problems start when you select a company that assumes you know everything about their systems. Hmm.....that doesn't apply to me! I have a small house and barn and only two security cameras. Very easy ones.....wireless outdoor wifi cameras with micro SD cards for recording. I don't like to pay out for cloud service.

I don't see a search option on this forum, otherwise I'd be able to search for "Lorex LNWCM22Y camera preinstalled with SD card cannot detect card".....or rather....."Lorex Home app cannot detect SD card"....but alas there is no such option so I have to ask that here.

I've already spoken to tech support and troubleshooted but they had no solution other than to send me two new micro SD cards.

But two cameras with the same problem? I'm not a techie but find that in this case I'd blame software, not hardware.

Incidentally these two cameras were sent to me as replacements for my two fxc cameras that had Lorex support discontinued on August 20th, without enough warning. That's another story. However I had no problems with those cameras and the software worked (sometimes).

DesertRat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am not really a technology buff. I rather just deal with it when I need it. The problems start when you select a company that assumes you know everything about their systems. Hmm.....that doesn't apply to me! I have a small house and barn and only two security cameras. Very easy ones.....wireless outdoor wifi cameras with micro SD cards for recording. I don't like to pay out for cloud service.

I don't see a search option on this forum, otherwise I'd be able to search for "Lorex LNWCM22Y camera preinstalled with SD card cannot detect card".....or rather....."Lorex Home app cannot detect SD card"....but alas there is no such option so I have to ask that here.

I've already spoken to tech support and troubleshooted but they had no solution other than to send me two new micro SD cards.

But two cameras with the same problem? I'm not a techie but find that in this case I'd blame software, not hardware.

Incidentally these two cameras were sent to me as replacements for my two fxc cameras that had Lorex support discontinued on August 20th, without enough warning. That's another story. However I had no problems with those cameras and the software worked (sometimes).
The search box is located in the upper right corner of this page. I wish admin would make it more obvious. These 81 year old eyes can barely see it.

DesertRat

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Tried that. It appears to be a search for members, not topics.
I just typed "Lorex" in that search box and got 6 pages of hits. The search box is WAAAAY up in the upper right hand corner of the page. Unless your page is layed out differently than mine.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
use google site search for a better search of the forum.
In the google search box enter

site:ipcamtalk.com Lorex

the forum search , the box at the top left works ok for simple topics.

Note I have never used the forum from a phone, only from a PC.

Joybell3

n3wb
Reaction score
I solved the problem. I bought two GOOD SanDisc micro SD cards and switched them out with the no-name brand micro SD cards that the cameras came with. Shame on Lorex for cutting corners by using sub standard SD cards.