Newbie here

neo3708

n3wb
Reaction score
Recently ventured into the world of IP cameras with my new house.

Installed this basic outdoor setup:

2x HiLook IPC-D121H 2MP PoE
1x HiLook IPC-D150H 5MP PoE
1x Hikvision DS-2CD7A26G0/P-IZS PoE
1x HiLook NVR-104MH-C/4P 4 with WD Surveillance Purple 2TB

The 2MP cameras are at the side and rear of the property. The 5MP camera is at the front and overlooks the entire driveway and entrance to the property. The Hikvision camera is for LPR only and is mounted on the garage facing along the road.

Really enjoyed installing the cameras and running multiple cat cables through the roof space to various locations (fibreglass running rods were a life saver)

Not long after installing the cameras my neighbours vehicle was broken into. The 5MP camera recorded the offenders scoping out the street and the LPR camera did it's job perfectly. Police were grateful to have access to the footage.

This will be my setup for the next few years, in future I'd like to upgrade to 4K cameras, upgrade the NVR (more channels) and obviously add additional cameras.

eggsan

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Good job and thanks for sharing your experiences. Welcome and that’s for sure you will enjoy this site as much as I do.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

Regarding your future plans to "....upgrade to 4K cameras", at this present time, don't get too caught up in the megapixel chase at the expense of good low-light performance. There are some recent improvements to the sensor and its size in a 4MP Dahua-built Loryta, reviewed here, that hopefully is a indication of things to come. Perhaps when you ARE ready to upgrade, the 4K / 8MP cams will be vastly better in low light than they are now.