Newbie, need help initializing

Reaction score
HI everyone, I have some experience with networking and trying to get up and running with a single camera recording to a SD card.

I ordered IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2.8 mm Fixed Lens 2MP WDR IR Eyeball AI Network Camera from andy at EMPIRETECANDY.

I have the below POE switch but am not getting power. Any idea if I need something else for POE?

I have the config software installed and the camera is also not detected.

Thanks in advance!

Reaction score
Andy just wrote me back that I need the below:

I can then connect that to my netgear switch or direct to the laptop Ill be using correct(I plan to get up an running with Blue iris on a tower later this year)?

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
So the Netgear switch you bought is or is not PoE? If its not, then you need a PoE switch of course.

If it is PoE and your still not getting power to the cam I'd try the other switch ports to make sure you don't have a dead port.

dudemaar

Known around here
Reaction score
HI everyone, I have some experience with networking and trying to get up and running with a single camera recording to a SD card.

I ordered IPC-T5241H-AS-PV 2.8 mm Fixed Lens 2MP WDR IR Eyeball AI Network Camera from andy at EMPIRETECANDY.

I have the below POE switch but am not getting power. Any idea if I need something else for POE?

I have the config software installed and the camera is also not detected.

Thanks in advance!
That netgear switch is not POE.