Newbie Questions: Using iPad, iPhone, etc.

dale001

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

i have a one camera setup and bought the Blue Iris Light version and installed it on my laptop.

Question: Must I have the application on AND maximized on my laptop at all times in order to use it with my handheld devices?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello,

i have a one camera setup and bought the Blue Iris Light version and installed it on my laptop.

Question: Must I have the application on AND maximized on my laptop at all times in order to use it with my handheld devices?
no you can leave the application minimized or run it as a windows service...

dale001

n3wb
Reaction score
So as long as it's in the system tray and the pc is on . .. I should be fine?

ruppmeister

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That is one way to run it, yes. But like @fenderman said, you can also run as a service which does not have an icon in the tray and still use the mobile app.

Last edited by a moderator:

dale001

n3wb
Reaction score
I didn't know about this and now I wonder if I can download the software for my desktop PC (which I do keep running all the time) or be faced with paying for another copy of the software?

- - - Updated - - -

Can you please provide a link or info about how to set it up as a service?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't know about this and now I wonder if I can download the software for my desktop PC (which I do keep running all the time) or be faced with paying for another copy of the software?
Blue iris options>about ....deactivate.....install on desktop..enter license key...done