Newbie Set Up

danbar

n3wb
Reaction score
Just downloaded the demo version of BI and I am having difficulty having BI connecting to the the FOSCAM FI8910W. I have been successfully using them for about a year via of an iPhone app....everything is great..no problems. I entered the IP address of the wireless camera, the HTTP port that I am using for remote access. After initiating "inspect now", I received these results;

Opening port xxxx...
HTTP request...
OK
GetCapabilities...
No response
Opening port xxxx...
GetCapabilities...
No response
Checking for common cameras...
Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible?
Foscam FI89xx compatible detected!
Done

I entered nothing in the video area. When selecting the General Tab, the status window says "inactive". The camera is running "wirelessly" and I can access it via my phone, the camera own server and Foscam IP Camera software for windows. I know I am missing something...can anyone help??

Thanks,
Dan

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..If the status window says "inactive" in red then you have set the schedule to be inactive at this time..

danbar

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum..If the status window says "inactive" in red then you have set the schedule to be inactive at this time..
Got it...you are a genius!!! now I can play....thanks....what a forum. The "schedule" screen is a little confusing for me, but I will figure it out...thanks again!!!!

Dan

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
No problem..if you are having trouble with the schedule just let us know....there are many threads that discuss it as well...blue iris is very powerful and has tons of options and therefore a bit complex at first..but once you get the hang of it, its great...