Newbie - Trying to setup my Hikvision camera to Wifi

Joshua123

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I have received my camera (I am still waiting for the NVR). however I am trying it out and trying to get it setup wirelessly so I can see the quality.

I have been able to setup and get it working fine over LAN (when I have an ethernet cable connected). However I am struggling to find what I need to do within the Hikvision configuration to be able to set it up with my Wifi. I am using a separate power source and not poe.

While looking online for tutorials it would seen that people have a wifi tab where they select their wifi network and enter the password ect.. however in the user configuration I have this is not available. It looks like an updated version.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Securame

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
What camera model do you have? Are you positive it has wifi? It should be on Configuration -> Advanced configuration -> Network -> Wifi

Joshua123

n3wb
Reaction score
What camera model do you have? Are you positive it has wifi? It should be on Configuration -> Advanced configuration -> Network -> Wifi
It's a Hikvision DS-2CD3345-I. I think that may be the case, what a plonker I feel like now, especially after making this thread - I don't know why but I incorrectly assumed it support wifi.

It's not really an issue with my setup but it would have been nice.

Thanks for your quick response.