Newest firmware for IPC-T2431T-AS

n2qew

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there newer firmware for my 2431s? If so, what does it gain me if I update?
Current in cameras:
System Version
V2.800.0000000.14.R, Build Date: 2020-02-29
WEB Version
V3.2.1.857734
ONVIF Version
19.06(V2.6.1.845551)
Algorithm Version

Reaction score
ditto - I looked in 'downloads' here... but do not see anything that looks correct. I have one camera that pixelates the bottom 10% of the camera after runnign for a week and needs to be power cycled to get steady video again...

Device Type IPC-T2431T-AS-3.6mm
System Version V2.820.0000000.45.R, Build Date: 2022-03-31
WEB Version V3.2.1.1210837
ONVIF Version 21.06(V3.1.0.1170003)
S/N 7E0424APAG*****
Security Baseline Version V2.1

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Not too sure where the latest update might be but firmware updates are sort of personal and if your cams are isolated from the internet only should be considered if there’s an issue that you think the update might resolve or if the update introduces a new feature that you want/need.

So once you find an update make sure to check what it gives before embarking on the update road.

Reaction score
Not too sure where the latest update might be but firmware updates are sort of personal and if your cams are isolated from the internet only should be considered if there’s an issue that you think the update might resolve or if the update introduces a new feature that you want/need.

So once you find an update make sure to check what it gives before embarking on the update road.
The 'mansplaining' is unneeded and not appreciated. Your reply is way off-topic. If you want to start a new thread titled 'updates are personal', please feel free...

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
The 'mansplaining' is unneeded and not appreciated. Your reply is way off-topic. If you want to start a new thread titled 'updates are personal', please feel free...
How is it it off-topic? The OP asked “what does it gain me” to which I explained it depends on what you are either trying to fix or gain?

In fact your post should really be a new thread as it sounds like you have either an overheating, hardware issue or it could even be an issue with the cabling which a firmware update will most likely not fix.

Reaction score
We have 3 people looking for firmware. Your time would be better spent writing an article for the Wiki here on the general subject of firmware since there are none. OK?

Before you jump to yet another conclusion about overheating, please note it it takes a week (or more) to heat up but then magically goes away upon power cycle... trust me, I have dozens of cameras I have bought from Andy, and the camera does not cool off in 10 seconds if it takes a week to heat up...

Reaction score

Please read your own post...
  1. You are clearly not replying to the OP about 'what does it gain me' in anything you write.
  2. You are stating you don't know where the firmware is. This is the very first request of all three posts.
  3. You state that I should not upgrade until I read it. I cannot read it until I find it.
  4. No one here said that my cameras were connected to the internet, I am a 25-year Cisco engineer and have a policy based firewall in my cisco router that lets the cameras only toalk to the server, and they are restricted 3 ways from sunday from the internet.
  5. I clearly stated an issue that an update might resolve. But I cannot verify until I see the new firmware and read the release notes, now can I?
  6. You provided nothing to this conversation and you should put your comments in a new thread or write an article for the IPCAMtalk wiki

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Didn't realise this was a game of top trumps, guess you win!

Did a search on the forum and found this, firmware dated back to 2022?

n2qew

n3wb
Reaction score
Didn't realise this was a game of top trumps, guess you win!

Did a search on the forum and found this, firmware dated back to 2022?
I had found that also before asking the question. Nothing listed on that page actually says what the newer firmware does that the older firmware doesn't - like release notes. As to what I'm trying to "fix" as you mentioned in a prior post... The firmware that the camera is currently running has what appears to be a buggy implementation of "Access platform -> RTMP" Camera does it's weekly restart, or any other reset, and you have to un-check, save re-check, save in order to get it to re-establish. Figured I'd ask if there was newer that what was on it.
Silly me for starting a P*ssing contest by asking a question. Wasn't the intention.

n2qew

n3wb
Reaction score
ditto - I looked in 'downloads' here... but do not see anything that looks correct. I have one camera that pixelates the bottom 10% of the camera after runnign for a week and needs to be power cycled to get steady video again...

Device Type IPC-T2431T-AS-3.6mm
System Version V2.820.0000000.45.R, Build Date: 2022-03-31
WEB Version V3.2.1.1210837
ONVIF Version 21.06(V3.1.0.1170003)
S/N 7E0424APAG*****
Security Baseline Version V2.1
Under system -> auto maintain is a setting that will kick itself in the head weekly automagically

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I had found that also before asking the question. Nothing listed on that page actually says what the newer firmware does that the older firmware doesn't - like release notes. As to what I'm trying to "fix" as you mentioned in a prior post... The firmware that the camera is currently running has what appears to be a buggy implementation of "Access platform -> RTMP" Camera does it's weekly restart, or any other reset, and you have to un-check, save re-check, save in order to get it to re-establish. Figured I'd ask if there was newer that what was on it.
Silly me for starting a P*ssing contest by asking a question. Wasn't the intention.
LOL I’m not into Willy waving either. I come here for help and to help others where I can.

You could ask @EMPIRETECANDY he might know but from what I’ve seen in the past not all of the changes are always listed.

This does mean that even though I said be careful and don’t update willy-nilly you might have to update in order to check to see if your issue has been fixed.

Anyway best of luck

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm watching the threads today, and can't give any assistance to this, as to what firmware mine is running,
as my version of this cam is no longer in my area of responsibility.
I personally wouldn't expect a dated EOL turret to still be getting any firmware updates.
@EMPIRETECANDY
Not finding anything new begs the question, should I be looking at a newer active SKU that has received or will receive support/firmware?

Of course there is this reply which I am not officially posting here, but It brings me back to all the cam brickers out there who have taken working camera's and killed them with firmware updates.
flowchart.jpg

gyrex

n3wb
Reaction score
Took all of 30 seconds to find the latest firmware, and related release notes....just sayin.
But since we have a jerk alert in place, I don't feel compelled to share the secret sauce.
Could you share the firmware in this thread please mate? I can't seem to find it...

Or @EMPIRETECANDY do you have the latest firmware for this camera please mate? I bought the camera from you and I'm currently on V2.820.0000000.27.R, Build Date: 2021-01-07 - thanks :)

gyrex

n3wb
Reaction score