Newest Member from CDN saying TYVM to all...

TiMah

n3wb
Reaction score
And.... well... lets just get right to it...
Could 1 or even 2 of u fine folks point me to a similar cam as Dahua OEM IPC-T5442TM-AS from EMPIRETECANDY ...
Just looking for a front and rear camera at my house.... lot is 80x195... dead end street.... very low lighting (no street lights)..

Budget depends on SHEWHOMUSTBEOBEYED.... but I can still sleep in our bed for around 300 ish USD

Thank you kindly ...

Last edited:

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I think has budget cam on Amazon for $69.95 right now that has some decent reviews, let me find the link.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I ordered one, to see how the software menu’s are laid out, and because the price is currently discounted. i’ve noticed “You get what you pay for” in camera capabilities. I can experiment with it, while not feeling too bad about the cost. My entry into Security cameras was a Crash Course based on a new job at a Condominium. “Here’s your office and that’s the Security computer.”

TiMah

n3wb
Reaction score
Baptism by Fire.... gotta luv the chumps in their white ivory towers....
Just finding my way through the myriad of knowledge to comprehend....
A good buddy of mine, retired Det Sgt, swears by RING.... but I really dont ant to follow the leader so Ill keep on keeping on...

cheers M8...

p.s. any thoughts come to mind about EZVIZ C3X ...
remember - beginner here with about 500 CDN to spend... )))

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
it shows up as a $139 camera. here's mine.
The camera stream at my buddies house ( reolink w 4 wifi cams) plus his kids Ipad and his wife's iphone you tube streaming,,,,Seems like their Wireless internet has slowed down on my phone since he installed that.
It looks like it uses cloud storage and/or an SD memory card. Cloud storage can be flaky to access in any efficient way. I would recommend you use your camera's with a recorder.
You can get started with that Best BUy Cam, but 3 months from now you'll be adding to your system and it will probably be like me, regretting jumping at the easy way out, and then not getting "as advertised" performance.
you can have a wifi cam that records to a NVR or a Blue Iris Pc.
The ez vis is $30 dollars difference in price on Amazon. unless im missing the Canadian to US$ switcharoo....

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TiMah

n3wb
Reaction score
It just kinda freaks me out about buying several OEM cams from some dude in China... and then the possible PITA return scenario if something goes wrong...
vs just driving over to Best buy....
I do appreciate the insight F61.... time to ponder more I guess.

So u have those Lorytas set up at ur house ???

I need a cam that will work in a very low light scenario

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
I do not....I have 25 camera's at work to manage...I've been coming out of the Dark Ages from B&W grainy images to a NighOwl DVR that got me color and 1080 P. But then I learned that POE IP camera's were phasing out the Coax cameras. So stumbled in here like Rip Van Winkle, and began coming into the Modern Era.
Loryta Cam's purchased under Amazon should be easily returnable.....
the 5442's are widely held as one of the better low light cams. I'd get one. It's smart money. The best buy one is a Toy....I think you might be returning it and then doing more research

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A key thing to remember about a "wireless" camera is that it does have a wire, for power. Generally, if you can get power to it you can get a CAT cable to it and do away with WiFi. If you're lucky you'll be able to run three WiFi cams before the dropouts get so bad they're useless. Then, there's the whole security issue of the cloud and throw in that they can be jammed pretty easily.

In terms of buying from "some guy in China", Andy is very reliable, helpful and accommodating. He has an excellent reputation, and if you buy through his Amazon store you have all the guarantee and return options that Amazon offers. I've bought about a dozen cameras from him with no problems at all. The couple I bought from US sellers were duds and the support was useless IF I could get support. As with everything, YMMV.

Last edited:

TiMah

n3wb
Reaction score
I certainly didnt mean any disrespect toward a valued member of this forum (Andy) ... )))

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
No, none was taken, I just wanted to express my experiences with him and reassure you that it is an entirely legitimate, and safe, way to purchase cameras. Light years different from the Alibaba/Wish style experience.