Newly bought Dahua HFW3549T1-AS-PV not powering on.

Abbasi87

n3wb
Reaction score
Hope ya`ll doing well.

So I bought a HFW3549T1-AS-PV from Aliexpress and just received that today in mail.
I first tried to power the camera on by a DC Adapter but the camera would just flicker the light and immediately shutdown. This happened a couple of times and I thought maybe the adapter voltage is not correct.
Next I tried to connect the camera through a POE switch and this time there was no flicker of lights and the camera still stayed dead.

So when I try to power it through the DC adpter there is a flicker of light but nothing happens when I connect it through switch. Both ways still I am unable to power the camera and just wanted to see if this is some manufacturing fault of the camera or if I am doing something wrong here ?

Thanks

Abbasi87

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for your feedback.
It seemed to me too that I have been handed over a dead unit and if thats the case then it would be a long process to send it back and get a replacement. If only the vendor has checked the item before shipping it over.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
The best thing to do is to buy from trusted vendors. If you get a great price on a dud it's not a bargain after all. Next time buy from Andy, a known and trusted supplier for Dahua and Hikvision -

Andy
IPCT Thread

Andy's Store

King Security/EmpireTech Store

Email
Andy Wang kingsecurity2014@163.com

Andy's instructional videos -

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

kobebeef

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
HFW3549T1-AS-PV is available in 3 versions.
HFW3549T1-AS-PV-S4 and HFW3549T1-AS-PV and IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV-S3
HFW3549T1-AS-PV-S4 uses HX3XXX-Taurus firmware.
HFW3549T1-AS-PV and IPC-HFW3549T1-AS-PV-S3 use HX5XXX-Volt firmware CMOS is OS05A

In particular, it is worth mentioning that.
The resolution of HFW3549T1-AS-PV-S4 can reach 3200*1800
But limited by the performance of the processor, the resolution may not be so high.

Last edited: