Next-door child 10 seconds from getting run over by other neighbor

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thought I share this.
Neighbor driving way too fast and possibly distracted. Then driving into my next-door neighbors’ car, What the old saying, familiarity leads to compliancy. Remember reading something about most wrecks occur within a couple of miles from your home.
Needless to say, my next-door neighbor was pretty upset that her son was 10 seconds from being been run over. Included a shot from one of my other cameras. Looks like the driver was texting. Showed the sheriff’s the recordings. They didn’t seem too concern. Initially they were not going to do anything, but after reviewing my camera’s, they did cite the driver.

texting.jpg

c hris527

Known around here
Reaction score
Thought I share this.
Neighbor driving way too fast and possibly distracted. Then driving into my next-door neighbors’ car, What the old saying, familiarity leads to compliancy. Remember reading something about most wrecks occur within a couple of miles from your home.
Needless to say, my next-door neighbor was pretty upset that her son was 10 seconds from being been run over. Included a shot from one of my other cameras. Looks like the driver was texting. Showed the sheriff’s the recordings. They didn’t seem too concern. Initially they were not going to do anything, but after reviewing my camera’s, they did cite the driver.

View attachment 56181
WOW!!!

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
It's sickening to think what could have happened and I'm sure happens all the time.

Riclyo

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Nice capture.
Sad part is even if he had killed or severely injured the child he probably would have gotten maybe a few years behind bars. It sickens me to personally know and have come across people who have killed people for being negligent behind the wheel only to get 3-5 years.
Never leave the ones you love mad or upset cause it truly may be the last time you see them.

area651

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It's just as bad if not worse than drunk driving these days!
It got me a helicopter ride (I'm told) along with time in a coma followed by ICU time. After it happened to me, I put my phone down when in the car and if I'm in the car with anyone who touches theirs, I'll call them out on it. (Even once recently where I explained that "if you answer that text while we're moving, that phone is going out the window".

I'm sorry for being a dick but phone usage while driving is killing more people than anything I can think of.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Keep fighting the good fight, @area651. A lot of people refuse to accept it can happen to them too. Everyone I know aside from my mother, in fact.

DRZmaui

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Some of my friends give me crap for having so many camera's. (32 and plans for a couple more) Think this is a good example of why I did it. full coverage. Neighbors at first were taken back, but when I explained why I'm doing it, and seeing the results (also recorded thief's breaking into neighbor's cars), almost all of them are glad I'm doing it. Usually I'm the go to guy if something suspicious happens,

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
Some of my friends give me crap for having so many camera's. (32 and plans for a couple more) Think this is a good example of why I did it. full coverage. Neighbors at first were taken back, but when I explained why I'm doing it, and seeing the results (also recorded thief's breaking into neighbor's cars), almost all of them are glad I'm doing it. Usually I'm the go to guy if something suspicious happens,

Uh oh, spooky weird guy with 32 cams....LOL. :highfive: Tell them the 32 cams doesn't include the ones you planted in their cars and homes.

Before I starting installing IP cams my neighbor told me he had 12 cams and I laughed but I'm up to 8 cams already and I can see myself going up to 12 cams...and that's just to protect my property. It doesn't take into account trying to secure the community with LPR and street views, etc. And I have a relatively small house/property.

Last edited:

Ssayer

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Hah! I'm up to 26 now. Every time I tell my wife that I want to move one, she says "NO! Get another one, I like that one there!" and I add another... :p

That said, where we live is relatively safe (I say that because NO place is completely safe) and my cams are there for wildlife 1st and anything else 2nd.

pmcross

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I started out with 1 camera back in 2017 (which was an inside camera pointed out a window). Fast forward to now and I am up to 15 cameras, including 2 inside of my house and 1 in each detached garage. The rest are outside covering me house/garages. I just recently added 2 more cameras for additional coverage. I don't currently have any LPR cameras, although it could be the next project :) I never dreamed that I would have so many cameras until I realized what is required to get good facial ID.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Thought I share this.

View attachment 56181
What did they cite him for?
Too bad there isn't a citation for dumbassery.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am amazed at how many LEO don't wanna cite. I was rear-ended many years ago by someone clearly high on something and I couldn't convince the officer to send the person for a drug screening.

More recently, 4 months ago we had some teenage kids go thru the neighborhood at 2am and busted out car windshields on several cars. My starlight cams caught it all in color and audio and LPR clearly got plates and when I took it to the police, they wouldn't even take it as evidence. They simply didn't wanna be bothered with it, so now I have 5 neighbors paying for new windows themselves...

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score
I am amazed at how many LEO don't wanna cite. I was rear-ended many years ago by someone clearly high on something and I couldn't convince the officer to send the person for a drug screening.

More recently, 4 months ago we had some teenage kids go thru the neighborhood at 2am and busted out car windshields on several cars. My starlight cams caught it all in color and audio and LPR clearly got plates and when I took it to the police, they wouldn't even take it as evidence. They simply didn't wanna be bothered with it, so now I have 5 neighbors paying for new windows themselves...

Contact the Mayor and let him know you're going to email the video to the press. It's not too late.

Last edited: