NGROK with BI and IOS App

Beefarmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have NGROK working with my browser in IOS for both Chrome and Safari. I would like to have it work on the actual BI IOS App. Can that be done and if so what am I missing to have it work within the app. FYI I have moved away from port forwarding due to the possibility of being compremissed.

Thanks

Robocop

n3wb
Reaction score
I have NGROK working with my browser in IOS for both Chrome and Safari. I would like to have it work on the actual BI IOS App. Can that be done and if so what am I missing to have it work within the app. FYI I have moved away from port forwarding due to the possibility of being compremissed.

Thanks
I just started using NGROK myself and ran into the same situation.

The solution that I discoved is to take the HTTP address in the CMD window that runs when you are using the NGROK service.

Take that address and enter it into the blue iris mobile app profile you have setup to connect to your network and you should be good to go.

Beefarmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I just started using NGROK myself and ran into the same situation.

The solution that I discoved is to take the HTTP address in the CMD window that runs when you are using the NGROK service.

Take that address and enter it into the blue iris mobile app profile you have setup to connect to your network and you should be good to go.

Beefarmer

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I was going to try that. Then I thought about it an noted that if my computer restarted I would lose the ngrok address as I am using the free version.

that may not be the solution. Have you tried stunned? I didn’t have luck with it. Using a vpn was too slow.

I just wished BI iOS app had an encrypted connection to begin with.

Robocop

n3wb
Reaction score
I was going to try that. Then I thought about it an noted that if my computer restarted I would lose the ngrok address as I am using the free version.

that may not be the solution. Have you tried stunned? I didn’t have luck with it. Using a vpn was too slow.

I just wished BI iOS app had an encrypted connection to begin with.
That is correct when your machine restarts everything will close and the address for NGROK would be gone and change and you would have to update it.

That is fine with me as I find the service solves a problem for me that's been a big pain for some time now.

I bit the bullet and paid for a membership. In doing so I have the ability to (although I haven't officially set it up yet) setup a specific address and keep a specific address for when the system needs restarting or does restart for whatever reason reestablishment of the connection is smooth and easy.