Night Owl F6-DVR16 & Blue Iris 4

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm currently running a Night Owl F6-DVR16 DVR with analog cameras connected and have just started moving to BI & IP cameras. I would like to add the existing cameras on the Night Owl DVR to Blue Iris while I slowly make the switch to all IP cameras, and purchased BI since their website lists "Night Owl F6-DVR16 RTSP" as a "Tested Network IP Camera".

I've tried adding the cameras on the Night Owl DVR using BI's predefined settings for "Night Owl - F6-DVR16 RTSP", "Night Owl - LION-4500", and "Night Owl - LTE-DVR8,Poseidon" with no luck.

I've contacted BI support, and they advised that they support this DVR via RTSP, however I cannot find any documentation that any Night Owl DVR actually supports RTSP. I've run port scanners against the DVR, and only a few ports are open, but not 554 (normally RTSP). I ran an RTSP dictionary tool against every open TCP port that was found, and it returned no successful RTSP strings for any of those ports.

Has anyone else gotten this DVR successfully added to BI?

Thanks!

nuttdude

n3wb
Reaction score
I spent time on the phone with Night owls support and they sent these instructions. They didn't work for me with the newest night owl 3.0 system but it may work for you.
upload_2017-9-27_13-44-51.png

Last edited: