Night performance from Hikvison and Longse

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
that would be so much better than the other view, if it was rotated.. just turn your monitor sideways :p

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Strange... that corridor pattern is pretty much useless on s500 because it's 4:3
i have about half of my cameras in 4x3 rotated 90 degrees in corridor mode.
not useless, if that's what you need/like/want... :)

but it is strange that the cam doesn't support it. maybe it's called 'rotate' or something else?

edit: nm. note to self - read the followup posts before responding...

edit again to add something useful: Yes, BI can rotate the image, but then you can't use DTD for that cam...

Last edited by a moderator:

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I can't find any options on cam or nvr to rotate image. If viewing on my phone, I can turn my phone upside down and it looks as it should without triggering vert/landscape change.

Not really pleased with these particular cameras (a400), but I'm stuck for at least a few months with them... Maybe a future firmware will address this.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
YIKES! WTF is going on here? I masked all but two LED on each side of light sensor (total of 4 LED). Looked OK earlier, but now:
View attachment 9878
you went too far with it, when it actually got dark enough outside there was not enough lighting.. so it turned the gain up to maximum so the image would not be black.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
either that or your tape job is leaking alot of light.. might be a bit of both.

test it in the bathroom with no lights, door closed and do the IR tuning for close distances in that environment.. better than waiting for it to be dark outside and fumbling around in the cold only to find problems.

Kawboy12R

Known around here
Reaction score
I can hear it now. Honest honey. I was streaming live video from the bathroom because I was tuning IR performance. The guy on the internet told me to.

Reaction score
Hi, sorry for my question. I have longse cam and hikvision nvr 7616 sn-e2 and don't work motion detection. How do it.

Reaction score
Yes, I know this, but NVR message "this camera does't support motion" and I don't draw area. Also I have Dahua 4116 (HiSilicon3535), and this NVR find Longse 8999 port, work PTZ and work motion detection. Firmware on Hik latest. I think longse wirmware problem and write support.

5string

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes, I know this, but NVR message "this camera does't support motion" and I don't draw area. Also I have Dahua 4116 (HiSilicon3535), and this NVR find Longse 8999 port, work PTZ and work motion detection. Firmware on Hik latest. I think longse wirmware problem and write support.
Sorry I couldn't help more; I'm a novice user. I DID enable motion detect on BOTH camera software and NVR. I am able to "draw" the motion detection area on the NVR and receive alerts.