Night settings BI & Dahua Camera's

Operations

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I know that this depends on the situation, but i am still wondering what you guys use at night. You have so many different options with a Dahua camera.

A little bit of info about my own setup:

• 3 x DH-SD1A404XB-GNR (one the PTZ within BI doesn't work, but it should show a static picture so not really a problem. Yes i use the same firmware ;) )
  • Running BI 5 on a virtual machine within ESX 7 or as a Synology virtual machine. One server is a Synology D-1521 and the other machine has got a Xeon E-2224 cpu.
  • H264h (CPU's do not support h265), 2560x1440, 25 FPS, 8192 Kb/s, CBR) Subframe is 20 FPS and Iframe set to 40. Iframe correct?
  • I record 24/7 with synology surveillance station, but since the motion detection doesn't go very well with SS i would like BI to do that. So i am doing that.
  • I have created a different record folder for every camera. I have read somewhere that is it better to leave this at New, Stored etc..? Is this still the case? It feels to me that it is easier to look for a piece of video outside of BI if i use different camera folder.
  • I record straight to disc

My question is about things like Illuminator (SmartIR / ZoomPrio), Day & Night (ICR or Electrial, and than B/W or color or auto), Backlight (BLC, HLC, WDR), Picture (standaard or vivid or custom set). Of course if have played around a bit but i cannot seem to find the correct combination of settings in a way that i am really happy.

So i am just curious how you guys have set this up. @Wildcat_1 a little birdie told me you might be able to give me some pointers :)

Different question how do i fix "bad request" when inspecting an ONVIF camera? Time/Date is correctly set and ONVIF is enabled

Last edited:

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Here are the settings I use at night for my IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras. I use separate IR illuminators for all of my cameras. These settings work pretty good for me.

Attachments