Night Tracking not working

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
The light is another camera pointing at the door of the garage. I have zoomed in and moved the camera father to the right so it will not see the ir of the camera.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would zoom in a little more to get your house on the left just outside the field of view. Then I think you will get a good chance.

Keep in mind you can have different presets and IVS rules for day and night.

I have a broader FoV in the daytime and zoom in to a tighter FoV for night time.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Another thing I can't figure out is why it stops tracking me and goes back to preset 1

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Another thing I can't figure out is why it stops tracking me and goes back to preset 1
As I mentioned previously, post the video and if you have an SD card in the camera or are using a Dahua NVR, you can playback with the IVS rules on and you can see what the camera is doing and why it stopped tracking you - it could have got hung up thinking something else was you or you are zoomed in too tight and it lost you or you stopped for too long for example.

But even if you don't have an SD card or Dahua NVR, if you post a video, I have fine tuned mine enough that usually just based on a video I can figure out what the camera was thinking.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried to post a 1 minute video and it said it was to large.
WOW - usually it will downrez it, but maybe a minute is too long.

Post it to YT or one drive or google drive then

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now I think I am zoomed to much. When a car comes in fast it does not have enough time to recognize it and track. A person it does a good job.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I would point it up a bit to see the street so it has time to recognize it. You can probably zoom out a bit too at least during the day.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you doing motion detection or IVS? You shouldn't do both.

You have options for Smart Motion Detection, Motion Detection, and IVS. Most opt for IVS.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Maybe that is some of my problem I just checked and had all three enabled.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yes, that is a recipe for disaster!

Are you using BI? If so, a known bug turns SMD and MD on. You need to go in and only make one block as the area and set the schedule to none and make it very little sensitivity so that it doesn't take over on the IVS.

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Now that I have checked Deep IVS only I do not have a yellow motion marks in the time line just the green continuous record.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Correct. MD creates a lot of false hits.
Now you should have far fewer IVS marks (red?)

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't have any indication that I had a wire trip. It records the trip but does not show up in the timeline.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
You have to tell it to in two places in the NVR recording tabs and check the box to record on the IVS rule on the camera

ponyrider127

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I moved the camera FOV closer to the IR and it tracks. It still took for the car to be all most out of trip area to recognize it and start to track. My conclusion is the first location does not have enough light to recognize and track at night.
Now I wish I purchased the 2mp camera. When I tried to upload a video it said not support. I tried mp4 and avi and said the same. so I uploaded to youtube, Link is below.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah, with a PTZ, it really is critical that the MP/sensor be on the ideal MP/sensor combination due to the wide range of lighting conditions it could experience at night.

Looking at the video though, I do not think the 2MP would have started tracking much sooner though.

The camera needs time to identify the object and determine if it meets the "signature shape" of the object to be tracked.

At this point, it is more headlight glare and vehicle shape cannot be determined.

1650373043978.png

It isn't until the headlight bloom starts to disappear and the shape of the vehicle can be seen that it starts to track.

1650373151935.png

You could try adjusting the parameters some more to try to knock out the headlight bloom (recognizing though that it might come at the cost of being too dark and then miss a person) or live with this tracking.

You could try adding some HLC and see if that could knock the headlight bloom out.

You could add that external IR on the house facing this area so that the camera could see the outline faster.

You could add white light and run it in color and it may recognize a vehicle sooner.

But I don't think the tracking was bad considering the night time and it did track once it recognized it.