NKB1000 issues

Reaction score
I´ve got a NKB1000. It works via USB in connection with Smart PSS.
BUT
I don´t manage to connect directly (SD-mode) via network.

Anybody here who knows a trick?

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
I had to make sure the gateway was the same as the network that I was connecting to on the NKB3000.
And if I recall it has the same default IP as their cameras.

Reaction score
That´s right. After setting the IP first time, it falls back to default. But after setting IP second time it keeps the IP. - It´s possible to connect to Smart PSS via network on that IP. So IP seems to be correct! - It promts connecting to (SD) zone "successfull" and switches the display to ptz control mode. BUT the cams don´t move... :-(

Reaction score
usually the issue is that it can not control new models of PTZ's ... shift to new firmwares and try again the same way ... hopefully it will work

vidwiz

n3wb
Reaction score
Regarding the nkb1000, cant seem to get an answer to this question:

Do you know if the ptz operations are multi speed/variable/servo controlled? Or if not is there a speed setting? If I am fully zoomed in, 48x, will it still move the camera smoothly/slowly?

jmcu

Known around here
Reaction score
As for the NKB 3000 it has a speed selection not sure on the 1000.
From my experience with it, the speed is controlled by the camera. All my dahua PTZ's slow down when zoomed in but a Uniview I had did not, it was very hard to use with it.

vidwiz

n3wb
Reaction score
Late but thanks jmcu!

I bought a nkb1000. Like Big Brother I havent succeeded in getting it to work over network connection. Says offline no matter how I configure. There is certainly a chance I dont know what I'm doing but have followed several youtube videos and still no success.

So I started playing with USB. I found this video:

And I have it partially working. My computer is using a microsoft usb driver from 2006. Took me a bit to track it down in human interface devices in device manager. But there is a Dahua driver available shown here:

But clicking on the link gets an error. I have messaged Andy but he has not returned my driver query.

I have partial functionality. One disappointment was it will not zoom and pan at the same time but I suppose that's just the way it is. More importantly to me, neither the focus, nor the iris toggle buttons work. I tried setting them to manual in pss but still no luck. I can pan, tilt and zoom tho so progress! Really wish the focus worked and hoping if i can get a hold of the driver, that will bring it into play. And the various preset and tour buttons dont do anything either.

My camera is a new one, DH-SD10A848WA-HNF. There is no new firmware that I know of. The keyboard has even newer firmware than what is posted on Dahua. 2.620, 1/15/18

K7BEN

n3wb
Reaction score
I had a similar issue where I was able to get it to work over IP for a short while. As soon as the power went out and it restarted I've never been able to get it to work over network again. I'd like to try it over USB but I can't find the Windows driver for it. Does anyone have the USB driver?