No access through iOS app over cellular after upgrade to v5

WannaTheater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
When v4 was installed, I could access my BI server from the BI iOS app in the following ways:
1) While on home network, and iPhone is connected to home LAN, I connect to BI server - No issues
2) While away from home, and connected to WIFI (i.e. in a hotel while on travel), I turn on VPN (OpenVPN), and connect to BI server - No issues
3) While away from home, and NOT connected to WIFI, I turn on VPN, and connect to BI server. This would be over cellular (Verizon). - No issues

Since V5 installation, the BI iOS app can no longer connect over cellular. My VPN is working, as I can connect through Safari by entering the local_ip_address of the BI server and appropriate port.

I am running BI iOS app version 1.63.10.

Any ideas?

Reaction score
I access my BI server using the iOS app through a VPN over cellular (T-Mobile) all the time. Did so today as a matter of fact while up at a Lake Tahoe. Cellular signal was weak, but VPN connect d just fine and I viewed alerts and live.

Do you have cellular data turned on?

E709E488-54DE-4286-8CD2-2B489AE7BD4F.jpeg

WannaTheater

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks. Cellular data is on (globally) and also for the app. I have no issue with VPN connection (over WIFI or cellular). When connected through VPN over cellular, I can get to the BI web interface. But the mobile app will not connect unless on WIFI.

I had no issues with this until I upgraded to V5. And I was using the mobile app over cellular multiple times per week prior to upgrade.