No alert notifications in IOS - "Test message sent to 0 devices

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
BI has stopped sending notifications for no apparent reason. If I try to send a test message, I get "Test message sent to 0 devices" and nothing received

Phone is listed and checked under Options, Mobile devices. I can access BI through the app.

In the app log I see "IOS push failure - 214689xxx" for what appear to be failed attempts to send alerts following triggers from various cams.

Haven't changed or updated anything actively though it seems that the app updated automatically to 1.59.07 this week.

Any ideas?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
BI has stopped sending notifications for no apparent reason. If I try to send a test message, I get "Test message sent to 0 devices" and nothing received

Phone is listed and checked under Options, Mobile devices. I can access BI through the app.

In the app log I see "IOS push failure - 214689xxx" for what appear to be failed attempts to send alerts following triggers from various cams.

Haven't changed or updated anything actively though it seems that the app updated automatically to 1.59.07 this week.

Any ideas?
what version of blue iris?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I'm a few back - 4.6.4.12.

I'll try a quick update and see if that makes a difference.

Edit to add:

That did it. One of the changes that it shows in the most recent version is an update to the Apple push certificate which would explain it.

GQuack

n3wb
Reaction score
I am also having this same problem running the same version 4.6.4.12. Notifications stopped when they were working just fine. I suspect if I could do an update I might indeed be able to resolve this as per Mike A above but I have one additional problem in that BI is having trouble with our internet connection to perform updates. Note: my internet ISP is satellite based, not broadband so this is a "slow" connection. I've seen other problems with other software programs not expecting the latency involved with a satellite connection. Whenever I try to use the Check for Update Now...I get the dialog Checking for Update, one moment please, then returns with Trouble Connecting, Please check your internet connection and try again. No matter how many times or when I try the update, I get this same message. There is nothing wrong with the internet connection, it works just fine, but not at broadband speed. Other suggestions for performing an update?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am also having this same problem running the same version 4.6.4.12. Notifications stopped when they were working just fine. I suspect if I could do an update I might indeed be able to resolve this as per Mike A above but I have one additional problem in that BI is having trouble with our internet connection to perform updates. Note: my internet ISP is satellite based, not broadband so this is a "slow" connection. I've seen other problems with other software programs not expecting the latency involved with a satellite connection. Whenever I try to use the Check for Update Now...I get the dialog Checking for Update, one moment please, then returns with Trouble Connecting, Please check your internet connection and try again. No matter how many times or when I try the update, I get this same message. There is nothing wrong with the internet connection, it works just fine, but not at broadband speed. Other suggestions for performing an update?
you can download the update via the blue iris website...this is actually the best way to do it so you can keep the update files to revert back later if needed..

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hi...I'm having this problem now..."iOS Push Failure" in the iphone app...on version 4.6.9.3
anyone else experiencing this?

jazzy1

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Updated to newest version on pc and seemed to fix it! Yay!