No Amcrest Driver for Ip5m-b1186ew in Blue Iris 5.5.3.7

rjp1267

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello I am installing BI and there is no driver for the Ip5m-b1186e camera within the model drop down.

My questions are :
1) Is there an equivalent driver available in BI v5.5.3.7 and if so which?
2) If "yes" to #1which would provide the best "performance" the equivalent driver, the Generic/ONVIF (RTSP h.264/H.265/MJPG/MP4) driver, or is there another driver that would be a better option?

Thank you.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Those are not drivers, but rather starting points for some of the common cameras.

Simply put in the IP address and username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do it's thing. It will probably come up as generic and that is totally fine.

Almost all of mine come in as generic, including some that do have a drop down.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
+1^^.
With my Amcrest cams (which are re-branded Dahua) after BI populated the path for "Stream Profiles" => "Main", I had to select the drop-down for "Sub" so it would populate the path for the sub stream (The 2 stream paths are identical EXCEPT main stream is "subtype=0" and sub stream is "subtype=1").

rjp1267

n3wb
Reaction score
Those are not drivers, but rather starting points for some of the common cameras.

Simply put in the IP address and username and password and hit find/inspect and let BI do it's thing. It will probably come up as generic and that is totally fine.

Almost all of mine come in as generic, including some that do have a drop down.
Thanks for the feedback. Some people at BI call them drivers so I adopted the terminology but good to know that they are just basic device starting points. I have no issues with the RTSP streams and since the cameras do not have special functions like PTZ then it seems RTSP would be just fine. There are other types of access methods as well like http, mjpeg, raw h.264, etc and wondered if any had benefits over rtsp? Just curious as I am getting used to this technology. Thanks for the input.

Reaction score
FWIW, i just loaded a couple of these. BI would see them but not display video. Dropped the camera's resolution in the cam's web interface down a notch, and now it's working. go figure ¯\(ツ)

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW, i just loaded a couple of these. BI would see them but not display video. Dropped the camera's resolution in the cam's web interface down a notch, and now it's working. go figure ¯\(ツ)
FWIW, these Amcrest 5MP cams display a max res of 2592 (H) x 1944 (V), which is a 4:3 aspect ratio; I prefer a 16:9 for its width and in the cam's webGUI chose from its drop-down 2688 x 1520. IMO it looks MUCH better in BI than the max res. :cool:

Last edited: