No audio after downloding the file.

Jav

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi guys;

I have the Model PTZ 1A404XB-GNR 4M 4x Starlight IR , but now after I download the file, there's no audio, but if I play it through the camera GUI either using the web browser or the NACL web plug- in the audio works fine, the problem is after I download the file to my computer. Video is fine, just the audio missing. TIA :)

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
now after I download the file, there's no audio
Where is the file coming from? SD card inside the camera, or from an NVR?

if I play it through the camera GUI either using the web browser or the NACL web plug- in the audio works fine
This is a Playback file, as opposed to Live View?

after I download the file to my computer. Video is fine, just the audio missing.
What did you try to play the file with?
If you play the file with VLC, the 'codec' info will show if there is an audio stream, and what the codec is.

Jav

n3wb
Reaction score
Where is the file coming from? SD card inside the camera, or from an NVR?

This is a Playback file, as opposed to Live View?

What did you try to play the file with?
If you play the file with VLC, the 'codec' info will show if there is an audio stream, and what the codec is.

Yes, it is coming from the SD card inside the camera.

It is a playback file.

I tried VLC, WMP. The file format is MP4

Jav

n3wb
Reaction score
Th
Yes, it is coming from the SD card inside the camera.

It is a playback file.

I tried VLC, WMP. The file format is MP4
I think when the file is downloading, it just download the video, not the audio. Do you know how to fix that? :facepalm:
Did VLC show if there was an audio stream, and if so what codec was in use?
20201230_132127.jpg
I don't see any audio codec when I check under property on the downloaded file. That's the settings that I have on the camera.20201230_132127.jpg
20201230_132127.jpg

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I think when the file is downloading, it just download the video, not the audio. Do you know how to fix that?
I checked the user manual, and there don't seem to be any specific settings relating to audio that would give sound via the on-camera browser playback but not in the same video when downloaded as a file.
Do you have a small sample file you would be comfortable enough to share here?