No audio at the start of clips

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey everyone;

I've setup a new BlueIris setup with two 4mp Dahua 5442 cameras. When playing back alerts via the app or the web interface, there is no audio at the start of clips, sometimes for several seconds. Has anyone else seen this?

I'm running AAC audio at 32khz, if that matters. Video is h265 at 25fps with a 150 frame interval.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I’ve noticed that the audio is out of sync on my recordings by a few seconds, with my clips I never noticed if the audio starts with the clip so maybe this could be the same problem?

Are you able to set the iframe interval to the same as fps to test to see if that resolves the issue?

Spooling

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I reduced the idea me interval to 50 and the issue seems much improved. There definitely seems like there is a correlation here.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I reduced the idea me interval to 50 and the issue seems much improved. There definitely seems like there is a correlation here.
For blue iris to work properly on motion detected clips and for other features, the iframe interval must match the fps. The manual calls this keyframes.
When using direct to disk a recording cannot start until a new keyframe is sent. In your case you may miss up to 6 seconds of recorded footage.