no audio from foscam R4 camera

carolp

n3wb
Reaction score
i am having trouble with hearing any audio from my foscam R4 camera using blue iris. the issue is, if I am at my computer on Blue Iris I can hear audio if someone comes to my front door through my camera. However, that person cannot hear any voice coming out of my camera. I have "enable audio channel" and "IP camera stream" checked. I also have under options "Web audio" and "record audio during profiles" checked.
Also, when I hold down the mic button I do not get a blue line border around the camera in question. If i open the camera in a browser the audio works both ways. can anyone suggest a setting i may have wrong?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
i am having trouble with hearing any audio from my foscam R4 camera using blue iris. the issue is, if I am at my computer on Blue Iris I can hear audio if someone comes to my front door through my camera. However, that person cannot hear any voice coming out of my camera. I have "enable audio channel" and "IP camera stream" checked. I also have under options "Web audio" and "record audio during profiles" checked.
Also, when I hold down the mic button I do not get a blue line border around the camera in question. If i open the camera in a browser the audio works both ways. can anyone suggest a setting i may have wrong?
You need to select the camera from the blue iris dropdown if its available dont use find inspect. Blue iris only supports two way audio from specific cameras.