No emails after VPN

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So I just finally got my VPN set up and now I don't get any email alerts. The weird thing is if I send a test email from the nvr, it's sucessful (with vpn and without vpn). Any ideas?

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
the VPN wouldn't have done anything to oubound email; and your NVR is unaware you using it..

more than likely you not been getting email alerts for another completely unrelated reason.

drew91101

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
the VPN wouldn't have done anything to oubound email; and your NVR is unaware you using it..

more than likely you not been getting email alerts for another completely unrelated reason.
That's how I understood a VPN as well.
Another thing I did is hook up my vista 20p to an alarm output; the alarm shows a fault when an event is triggered (no alarm condition) so I know the NVR is getting the line crossing, just no email. I guess the coincidence is just that. Ill play around with the settings and see what I can come up with.
Thanks nayr

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
That's how I understood a VPN as well.
Another thing I did is hook up my vista 20p to an alarm output; the alarm shows a fault when an event is triggered (no alarm condition) so I know the NVR is getting the line crossing, just no email. I guess the coincidence is just that. Ill play around with the settings and see what I can come up with.
Thanks nayr
Sounds like it's wired wrong maybe