No event display

Reaction score
I run a Hikvision ds-7208HUI -k2 and just installed the latest firmware V4.25.000 now when i do playback on the DRV it does not show any events in red on the scroll bar like it did with the old version of firmware also when i try to log into the drv i get the following error in my browser " SZ error TIP" and one more thing under network - Advanced-platform Access the status will not go to ONline and it shows my Hik-connect account as unlinked.

I know there is nothing wrong with my network as i have two other DRV's that are working just fine

I have gone back to the older firmware and that has corrected the issue with the events not showing up but not any of the other issues ?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A common theme around here is don't fix what ain't broke. If the unit is working and meets your needs, in many instances an update breaks what you had working and provides you with something you didn't need. A Z12E that someone updated and then constantly reboots comes to mind, and a certain PTZ that loses autotracking with an update come to mind, a Hikvision ANPR camera losing half the FPS and ability to read US plates - those are big deals to have happen. Don't do it unless it is fixing a problem you are experiencing or adds a feature you really need.

Reaction score
Yes i just found out the hard way I sent it in for a Warranty repair hopefully it will be ok
thanks