No ftp video recording on motion???

jack23

n3wb
Reaction score
Is this true? I bought an ANNKE I61DR (Hik clone)
I successfully upgraded the firmware to Hik 5.4.5
I went in to setup video upload via ftp for motion but looks like I can only upload pics via ftp?

On my first camera Reolink 410 was able to upload videos to ftp upon triggering of an event. The only reason I went with Hik for my second camera was because people rate it really high.

Anyway, I'm stuck with the camera and want to record videos on motion detection, what are my options?

For my reolink, it was really simple, I setup an ftp on my local PC and put in the credentials on the camera and setup motion detection and it was done.

Thanks for any help.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is this true? I bought an ANNKE I61DR (Hik clone)
I successfully upgraded the firmware to Hik 5.4.5
I went in to setup video upload via ftp for motion but looks like I can only upload pics via ftp?

On my first camera Reolink 410 was able to upload videos to ftp upon triggering of an event. The only reason I went with Hik for my second camera was because people rate it really high.

Anyway, I'm stuck with the camera and want to record videos on motion detection, what are my options?

For my reolink, it was really simple, I setup an ftp on my local PC and put in the credentials on the camera and setup motion detection and it was done.

Thanks for any help.
yes...that is because most folks do not use ftp video...do it right with an NVR/vms. You can also write to a network share...
Reolink is a garbage company that lies to its users and to this forum, avoid at all costs.