No full screen anymore.

Dale C

n3wb
Reaction score
It's been a busy few days. I've updated my blue iris 3 times and my AI software once in the last 4 days. I think I've messed up somewhere. When I go to blue iris I can see all my cams just like normal, but when I double click on one camera it used to bring up that one camera in a large screen size. Now all I see is a black screen. The entire screen is black and I have to hit escape to return to seeing all my cameras.

Any ideas on what I might have done?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Sounds like maybe the mainstream isn't enabled.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Pull up the page in BI where you put in username and password - does it show a line of text for the mainstream?

Post a screenshot of that page.

Dale C

n3wb
Reaction score
Pull up the page in BI where you put in username and password - does it show a line of text for the mainstream?

Post a screenshot of that page.
I run BI as a service so I don't have to sign in each time.
I went to the startup tab and unchecked 'run as a service' and 'run as admin'. Restarted BI which then asked me to sign in. I signed in and was all back to normal in that a double tap now brings up the camera in full screen mode. I started BI again and ran as a service and its all good now. I have no idea what took place but it works now.
Thanks for your help.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I run BI as a service so I don't have to sign in each time.
For the record, I think wittaj was asking for a screenshot of the camera "settings" => "video" => "configuration" screen where you put the cam's username and password so he could see what the URL's are for main stream and sub stream. :cool:

Dale C

n3wb
Reaction score
For the record, I think wittaj was asking for a screenshot of the camera "settings" => "video" => "configuration" screen where you put the cam's username and password so he could see what the URL's are for main stream and sub stream. :cool:
Oh now I see what he meant. I'm not very perceptive so I never would have gotten that one. Thanks for that. I should have mentioned that all my cameras show up in high definition use the Ui3 part of Blue Iris so that tells you that the streams are all good. Something was very wrong with Blue Iris in that they had to do 3 updates in 4 days. I have never seen that before.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Oh now I see what he meant. I'm not very perceptive so I never would have gotten that one. Thanks for that. I should have mentioned that all my cameras show up in high definition use the Ui3 part of Blue Iris so that tells you that the streams are all good. Something was very wrong with Blue Iris in that they had to do 3 updates in 4 days. I have never seen that before.
First of all, only run updates deemed "Stable" if you hope to have a trouble free experience.
Author does multiple updates all the time, nothing new.