No "interval" option in SMTP(Email) Menu

Olivier_V

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

I've a DAHUA IPC-HDBW4831E-ASE Camera with firmware 2.640.0000002.0.R, Build Date: 2018-05-23

But in the SMTP(Email) menu I don't have the Interval option as you can see on the screenshot

So how to slow down to many notifications from the IVS detector ?

Than you.

carbonita

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My HDW5231R-ZE running the aug2018 fw does not display a limit to IVS email. As I've configured, it sends a burst of 3 images when intrusion IVS triggered in any zone. False positives for intrusion IVS for my system is ~<10%. Possibly adding an image of your zones would help the forum to debug (if indeed false positives -- if true positives, that's good).

No idea ?

Could someone try with another camera ?

Thank you.

Olivier_V

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer.

In the manual form the camera here : https://www.dahuasecurity.com/asset/upload/download/DH-IPC-HDBW4831E-ASE_Operation_Manual__201706262.pdf
there is a interval option on page 65 as you can see on this screenshot :

So my IVS detection works well and is good configured and I only have a few false positive.

But my camera is near a door where I go sometimes many time in a few minutes.
So I would configure to send only a email in 5 or 10 minutes interval.

According to the manual this should be possible, with the "interval" option but I don't have this option in my configuration menu. You don't have it too if I've right understand your answer.
But this should be a option according to the Dahua manual.
It's wroten on page 66 :
Interval : The send interval ranges from 0 to 3600 seconds. 0 means there is no interval. Please note system will not send out the email immediately when the alarm occurs. When the alarm, motion detection or the abnormity event activates the email, system sends out the email according to the interval you specified here. This function is very useful when there are too many emails activated by the abnormity events, which may result in heavy load for the email server.

An idea ?

Whoaru99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I checked a couple of my Dahua cams and don't see that setting. In mine there is a Dither adjustment in the Motion settings that seems like it may perform similar function...but goes just to 100 seconds.

Olivier_V

n3wb
Reaction score
Thank you for your answer.
There is only "anti-dither" in the video detection, but in the IVS/SVI menu which is the function I use.