No ip adress/camera name

NinjaLars

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello!
I got my new IPC-T5442-TM-AS,very excited by the way
I hooked one in to the same port and cable I used for my Reolink cameras.
The strange thing was that it first showed up as "no name available" without an ip adress on my amplifi HD rauter. I assigned an IP to it but I still can't connect to it.
Any idea what can be wrong?
/Lars
Screenshot_20210814-194150__01.jpg

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dahua cams arrive with a default static IP of 192.168.1.108; you must log into the cam, set username and password and change to DHCP if plugging into a POE NVR that assigns IP's.

How were you viewing / recording that Reolink camera's video?

genelit

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hej Lars,

You need to temporarily change IP on your computer to the 192.168.1.x range. Then like TonyR says, logon to the camera on 192.168.1.108 and set camera to DHCP.

But, without changing IP on the computer you will not reach the camera.

BTW, good choice with the new camera! Once you get it going you'll see it beating the crap out of your other ones.
Don't hesitate to reach out if you need assistance (in either Swedish or English)!

NinjaLars

n3wb
Reaction score
Hej Lars,

You need to temporarily change IP on your computer to the 192.168.1.x range. Then like TonyR says, logon to the camera on 192.168.1.108 and set camera to DHCP.

BTW, good choice with the new camera! Once you get it going you'll see it beating the crap out of your other ones.
Don't hesitate to reach out if you need assistance (in either Swedish or English)!
Do I need to change it on my computer or on my rauter? Maybe a dumb question but the only way I know it is to do it on my rauter, but that doesn't work

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

NinjaLars

n3wb
Reaction score
Hej Lars,

Thank you!
Got super fast and excellent help from Andy's Aliexpress store

NinjaLars

n3wb
Reaction score
Glad you hear! He is a great dealer and I surely recommend him!

Look forward to hear what you think when you've compared it vs your previous cameras.
Any idea about my questions above? Do I need to change my IP on my computer or on the router? Is it fine to connect it via switch or should I connect it directly to the computer?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Any idea about my questions above? Do I need to change my IP on my computer or on the router? Is it fine to connect it via switch or should I connect it directly to the computer?
It might help if you answered my question in post #2 : How were you viewing / recording that Reolink camera's video?

NinjaLars

n3wb
Reaction score
It might help if you answered my question in post #2 : How were you viewing / recording that Reolink camera's video?
Sorry Tony!
I mainly use sighthound but also the reolink app. For one of them I sometimes use the browser (the old ones used flash)

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Use the Dahua IP config tool.
Read the help file for that tool, upper right corner, 3rd icon from right.
No need to change IP's on your computer or router.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
A simple network diagram of exactly how the physical connections are being made between the camera and router would help a bit, too.