no longer able to send web request

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an action that send a web request to Homeseer to trigger devices. I believe one of the recent update broke this feature. My last event log with Homeseer when this was working was Feb 6.

Example of what I'm sending
192.168.1.101:82/JSON?request=controldevicebylabel&ref=362&label=Motion

When testing this, it throws an error Web: error: no stream

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I moved the HomeSeer application to the same PC as Blue Iris. Instead of sending the command to MyHS I am now sending to the local HomeSeer instance. I get the same error Web: error: no stream when sending a Web Request on Alert. I am now able to send a Web Request on Reset though. I copied the command from the On Reset to the On Alert but I got the same error. I found a workaround. I created a batch file with this command curl ""

On alert Blue Iris now runs a program. I pointed it to the batch file and it works without any errors. If anyone reading this does not know how to create a batch file, Open notepad and copy from curl to the end including the parenthesis after the device number. Click save as in Notepad and choose all file types. Name the file You Choose the Name.bat.

jz3082

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have been working working with BI support for the last 5 days. I am new to BI and did not purchase the upgraded support program so this issuue is probably taking longer to resolve than normal.

Ken with BI was not able to reproduce the problem. He said to check the Firewall and to make sure windows Defender was configured to Exclude BI. I did all that plus I ran the remote access wizard with still no luck which adds exclusions to the firewall. I then installed SmartSniff and I did not see any TCP packets but I have never used SmartSniff before so I cold have had something set incorrectly. I relayed this to BI support and I got a reply that Ken is out on vacation. I then disabled Defender and still no luck so I new without a doubt it was not the firewall or Defender. When he replies I will let him know what else I tried and the workaround I found

In trying to solve this on my own I found where I might be able to use curl. I downloaded the latest Curl library but was missing the Compress switch from the library I installed. I got lucky and stripped the curl command to the basics without all the switches and it worked. I remembered coming across something that said Curl was a part of Windows 10 beginning in version 1803.

I have a laptop without the Curl library installed that is on Windows 10 version 1903. I tried the above command on that PC and it works. This basic Curl command should also work with anyone else running version 1903.

dannieboiz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't operate my BI machine with defender or any firewall or a/v enabled and still have this problem. I have I paid for the upgrade and still have valid support. I'm going to try to ping them. Can't be a coincidence that we both are having this issue and it was working previously.

DebrodeD

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Any update to this? I'm having the same issue where Blue Iris won't fire a web request to my Homeseer server.