No MicIN on DS-2CD2185FWD-IS ???

Jeroen68

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys, quick question I am in a dispute that resolves automatically in 2 days time, I have a
DS-2CD2185FWD-IS original genuine camera (HW built 20171021) and firmware V5.5.3 build 170929 encoding V7.3 build 170929.

When I switch on Sound and and G.772.1 is only gives me LineIn as input options. I need MicIn for my passive to work.

This works on the other models, but this camera does not want to give me MicIn to select.

Does anybody know why not?

The seller says that Hikvision says that this specific model does not allow MicIn but only has LineIn functionality. But the manual for this specific camera says it does support MicIn.

Please help???????? ;_(

Jeroen68

n3wb
Reaction score
Hikvision has the manual specific to this model online that shows the MicIN option with gain (addtional to LineIN with level) on:

http://www.hikvision.com//uploadfile/image/10665_DspecIPC%E5%9F%BA%E7%BA%BF5.4.5UserManualUD04470BBaselineUserManualofNetworkCameraV5.4.520170123.pdf

Henry Hu from Hikvision (so I believe) on huxiaohao@hikvision.com confirms this is NOT THE CASE and only LINEIN is supported on this model Hik.

So that sucks major time because why would newer models come with crappier specs, and not clearly indicated? If -S supports audio in, why does that mean you can SOMETIMES connect a mic, depending on the model..

Wow bad bad communication and marketing. A real let-down!

Jeroen68

n3wb
Reaction score
Just to confirm, I recently got a G1 2125. No mic option too, just line-in. I ordered a MAX9814 Microphone with AGCon ali, but still waiting for it.
RPC did you get the mic and is it working well?

How do you power the mic? I feed my cam using PoE (48V) and wish I would not have to get another wire with 5V running all the way to the cam too?

When powered up on PoE I measure 12V on the adaptor Inlet 2-pin socket which is unused because it get power over my ethernet cable. But can I draw like 1mA off 12V to feed this 5V 2.5mA mic when I get the voltage dropped?

Alternatively does this model miss the hardware for passive mic input and are we hoping for a firmware update? Or is the cam model just poorly equipped?

I am thinking of downgrading to a 4MP model and get the mic in option with my passive mics again..

rpc

n3wb
Reaction score
@Jeroen68
I got the mic, and it seems to give good audio quality, but did not yet test it with my G1 2125 cause it is mounted outside, and I am still waiting for a second G1 2135, I ordered to test it with that. For the powering, I thought to do it with a PoE splitter, or if lucky to look if there is any small voltage source in the cam I could use since the mic has a very low current drain.

When powered over PoE, indeed the 5.5x2.5mm 12V-power-input pigtail shows 12V on a multimeter, but when you try to connect anything, it won't work (at least for me), no actual current is available, and voltage drops immediately. I had that idea too.

For the 12V -> 5V you can use a step down regulator like this one.

I don't know if the G1 have a build in amp or not, but since there is no option in the software, I think they don't.

Last edited:

rpc

n3wb
Reaction score
I got the G1 2135. This one also has only the "line in"-option.

There is (at least) a 12V source on the board to power the mic (using PoE to power the cam). Right next to where the WiFi-antenna would have been (I do not have the WiFi version) and next to a blue capacitor, there is a soldering spot labeled 12V1 that offers 12V, great. So I connected the mic (with AGC as above) adding the step down converter to 5V, and a 100µF cap to the line out of the mic (for electrical isolation). And it works, I think the sound quality is even better than the amplifiers in my older HIKVisions with "mic in" option.

Since I do not need the 12V power input pigtail (I'm using PoE), I will "misuse" it to output the 12V to the external mic ;-).

My multimeter shows the whole mic thing only consumes some 9mA @ 12V. The total cam uses about ~4,4W or 5,5W with IR on, so negligible IMHO.

Last edited: