no more motion detection

sandoz

n3wb
Reaction score
Capture.PNG Following a wrong parameters manipulation, I can't get the motion detection working as usual.
Please have a look at the attached image:
instead of the usual red/ green rectangle modified as the object size cursor is moved, I now get these 2 blue rectangles.
What's wrong ?

sandoz

n3wb
Reaction score
I do know that, but in spite of editing, I can't retrieve the usual green/red rectangle...

sandoz

n3wb
Reaction score
OMG ! I found the bug!
look at the attached image: Object detection and Use zones and hot spot are BOTH checked,
which should not be allowed by BI.
After unchecking Object detection, the hot spot motion detection worked again.

Walrus

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Wrong. They can and should both be checked. You define your zones, then in object detection you define the zone crossing (eg A-B, A<B etc).

It sounds like you are using hot spots instead of zone crossing. Do some research, hot spots are no longer recommended. ANY motion, will trigger within a hotspot, giving you lots of false positives.

Last edited:

sandoz

n3wb
Reaction score
I have checked both options, and again no more detection.May be because I have nothing defined for the zone crossing.
I have been using the hot spot for one year now and I am quite happy with it, in spite of the false alarms,
triggered during the night by 2 or 3 cars light beams coming onto the spot.
( for this detection I just record videos, without any sound alarm, nor sms, email, etc)
Anyway, I will try zone crossing.