No more users can be logged in?

cluel3ss

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi. before I begin I should mention that I have two Trendnet TV-IP310PI camera's which I believe are just relabelled HikVision camera's. They are hooked up to a Synology NAS which records all my footage.

To view live footage on my phone, instead of using Synology's app I connect directly to the cameras to reduce the lag and have the options to change the stream quality. The app I use is called CCTV Viewer, now I have noticed after a period of time (usually around 3-4 weeks the streams stop working with an error stating "No more users can be logged in", this appears to be an error on the app only as the Synology is still connected and recording away.

I tried creating another user (with standard user persmissions) on my camera setting page however when I use its credentials the app returns an error saying "No permission"

Anyone know how I can resolve this?

dknabe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a similar problem with the iVMS4500 app giving the error "No more user can be logged in".

The camera is a HikVision DS-2CD3132 with V5.4.41 firmware. I have a server continuously recording the main stream for 5 minutes (300 sec) using the following cmd:
$ ffmpeg -i rtsp://<user>:<pwd>@<ip>:554//Streaming/Channels/1 -r 25 -vcodec copy -an -t 300 <recordfilename.mp4>

This command is repeated every 5 minutes in a script so that I have continuous video recorded that is split into 5 minute files. Only one ffmpeg command is active at a time.

Anyone know how I can resolve the "No more user can be logged in" issue?

dknabe

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Great tip - rtsp sessions possibly aren't being terminated by the ffmpeg command. That got me investigating other means of recording the rtsp stream that observe session tear downs at the end.
I'm currently testing openRTSP.
openRTSP -D 1 -c -B 10000000 -b 10000000 -4 -Q -F cam_one -d 1800 -P 300 -u <user> <pswd> rtsp://<ip>:554//Streaming/Channels/1