No motion event markers in Hikvision mobile apps ?

Reaction score
Has anyone found any other solution to this? The one method the other poster described is too much work

jebt2921

n3wb
Reaction score
Also watching this thread for potential solutions within Hik-Connect app. Although, I do get the recording from notifications, which is the main thing I want. Just have to manually scroll through to find action when I don’t have a notification set to be triggered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hik-connect app updated today to V4.0. It says it supports event playback now. It doesn’t seem to work for me... I was hoping to simply get lines in the playback, but the event section of the app is blank. Has anyone else played with it yet?

coney27

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
No update as of today in the Google play store

jebt2921

n3wb
Reaction score
On iOS there’s now a second button at the top of the Playback screen which only shows the clips where you have any motion, etc triggers set. I don’t recall this being there previously.

Adjustments.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yes that’s new... but I don’t have anything on that page. I record continuously, with dynamic motion enabled. I get the motion markers in the web interface playback, and on iVMS-4200 Playback, but I was expecting to see the same thing on the app. I got nothin!

carphone

n3wb
Reaction score
The only way I have found to show the event markers on IVMS4500 is to add the camera as a device directly to the app. For this to work each camera needs a separate storage location to store the event recordings. I have set up a separate network shares where each of my cams store event recordings. When I call up any camera directly in IVMS4500, the playback timeline shows only the event markers.

With the camera connected to the NVR, the continuous recordings and events would continue to be stored on the NVR but with the separate network store for each camera, a copy of the event will be stored on the network share where it can be searched and played back independently.

I agree that seems that this is functionality that should be readily available on the NVR without this sort of messing about.
Hi venturis,

I am trying to solve the same issue here and would like to attempt your resolution of using the app to access both the NVR (continuous recording) and then the same camera directly (which is motion recording only). My Hikvision camera has an SD card installed as well as being hooked up to the Hikvision NVR. I have ticked the "enable virtual host" so I can access the camera directly and enable SD card to record motion only.

When i access the camera directly through a browser i can see the motion events only being recorded to the onboard sd card and the NVR is recording continously - so all good here.

I have the Hik-Connect app setup to access the NVR fine but when I try and manually add the same camera directly within the app (so to view the motion events easily) seems my manual setup does not work. I get a timed out error message from the app. I grabbed the IP address and port number etc from the Hikvision browser page so i think these settings are correct.

I am guessing its not as simple as I was hoping so any advice on what steps i am missing would be great (lets see if its in my technical scope!).

Ultimately I want to view motion alerts from the Hikvision app whilst still continuously recording (so I dont have to fire up my laptop or view direct from the NVR..)

Many Thanks

Dan

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hey Dan,

I have Hik-Connect on my iPad and have basically the same setup that you are trying to get working.

I have added both the NVR and the cameras individually to the Hik-Connect app.

Whilst you have enabled the virtual host feature I think you may still need to create a static route in your wifi/netowrk router to be able to access the camera streams directly. I don't think its possible to add a camera that sits behind an NVR directly to Hik-Connect without creating the static route which will forward the network packets, directly to the camera.

In my network, the cameras connected to the NVR are on the address range 192.168.100.xxx. My local network devices are in the address range 192.168.0.xxx. So adding the camera to Hik-Connect in the 192.168.100.xxx range will not work unless you set you router to forward packets intended for the 100.xxx range.

On my ASUS router I set up a static route to forward an traffic intended for 192.168.100.xxx to 192.168.0.100 which is the IP address of the NVR. The NVR will then route the packets directly to the cameras on its own subnet.

As a test, if you try pinging your camera from a PC on your local network using the camera's IP address, you should be able to see the camera. If you don't get a ping back from the cams then you need a static route configured.

SamPeac

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, what Android app can you recommend to connect to the camera? I had the same problem. I remember a year ago I was responsible for organizing the stage for a corporate event. I rented expensive equipment and had to install and configure video surveillance cameras. I was able to cope with the installation, but I couldn't include the motion event marker in the app. Also, a couple of days before the corporate party, there were some problems with the stage. A friend advised me to contact these guys ontourevents.co.uk who are professionally engaged in installing scenes for various events. I was satisfied, the cameras and the app used a different one, the scene was great, all my colleagues and boss were satisfied.

Last edited:

LittleBrother

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I use iOS. I also record my Hikvisions to microsd or NAS. No NVR, be it hardware or software.

experimenting tonight with iOS, browser, and ivms4200 lite I see no indication of events in my continuous timeline despite events existing and I can confirm as such in “image playback”.

For years I have had my camera drop images on motion to a local FTP server. In turn I can browse that ftp site through windows explorer and set my explorer window thumbnails to extra large. Doing this lets me scan through a large number of events at a time. If the event is interesting I can then go to the browser for continual playback at that time.

igniteED

n3wb
Reaction score
For what it's worth, I've found a "half workaround", in that I can have constant recording, and have events displayed as notifications within the app, accessed from the Notifications tab at the bottom of the main page and the Events pop up tab on the camera playback page. Unfortunately I'm still not able to see events indicated by red sections on the timeline, but this is still better than not having any events at all.

On the NVR, you need to go to System>Event>Normal Event, then select the Linkage Action tab. On this page, select "Notify Surveillance Center" and "Local->1" and click Apply. Do this for every camera you want.

Now go to the Hik-Connect app and find your NVR and tap the Nut icon for device settings. Make sure the Notifications are set to "Receive events and push notifications, and allow Audio and Strobe Light alarms...". Also make sure that Link Alarm Output is set to "Local->1"

Any event should now pop up as a phone notification, and also as an event notification in the app. If you wish, you can disable the phone notifications by going back to the main page in the app, then tapping More>Settings and make sure "Message Push Notifications" and "Alarm Voice Prompt" are set to Off.

You still won't have events shown on the timeline, but you will have the events in the app's notification tab, which does help with finding an event.

I hope this helps someone, as I too have been searching for an answer to this basic omission in the app's feature set.