No-Name Mini-PTZ cameras - cannot set the IP address...

bbOOmm

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a pair of no-name Mini-PTZ cameras. They look identical to the Jennov M-Series A76WM55-5X-EA POE cameras but are older and less MP's.

They have the model number: DJ-IPPTZ503-A20-POE

Using various software, I have been able to test the cameras for video and PTZ control. They work just fine.

However I'm stuck with using the default IP address of 192.168.0.99 for each of them... meaning I cannot use both at the same time.

Again, tiring various software from other cameras like the Jennov and other no-name IP cameras of the same vintage and possibly no-name brand,I have not been able to change the IP address for these two cameras. I've tried UC2 software, It finds the camera, allows me to enter the new IP configuration but clicking modify, I get the error " Plugin registry error" I've tried CMS version 3, Jennov LMS and some other chinawears, nothing works to change the IP configuration.... although I'm probably going to have to nuke this hard drive after I find software that works... I don't trust anything from China... and its kinda reckless to just be downloading this and that on windows.

I have a router setup as 192.168.0.1, I have my toughbook plugged into that router as well as the camera, certain software I can get the camera video to show and have PTZ control, others I cannot.

So, two questions...

What is the brand name of this camera, would help for googling for info...

and

Does anyone have suggestions of what software to try to see if that will change the IP config?

Thank you

bbOOmm

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the "Huisun Unbricking" link, my cams are not bricked though. However I did look in the post for the user name and password used for the Putty connection.... none was seen. In that post they are using a serial connection. I can use Putty on the 192.168.0.99 address via telnet and get to a login screen, but I have not been able to get past that.

bbOOmm

n3wb
Reaction score
.... I did look in the post for the user name and password used for the Putty connection.... none was seen. In that post they are using a serial connection. I can use Putty on the 192.168.0.99 address via telnet and get to a login screen, but I have not been able to get past that.

so, the telnet login ...

the user is : root
the password is: nusiuh ( Huisun backwards )

now to figure out what I'm doing in telnet

bbOOmm

n3wb
Reaction score
Try Hikvision IVMS-4200 or SADP tool to discover the cam and change the IP.
AWESOME!

That worked. I have control over the IP config now.

Thank you

I just noticed that the cams have some sort of HTTP server.... typing in the IP address into a web browser pops up a log in dialog. You wouldn't happen to know the default login is?

bbOOmm

n3wb
Reaction score
AWESOME!

That worked. I have control over the IP config now.

Thank you

I just noticed that the cams have some sort of HTTP server.... typing in the IP address into a web browser pops up a log in dialog. You wouldn't happen to know the default login is?

Nevermind.... I shoudl have run through my usual list of default logins...... its admin / admin