No notification after switching phone

raytracer

n3wb
Reaction score
My DS-2CD2032F-IW has been working great until I switched my iphone. After restoring the backup of the previous phone, the iVMS-4500 app doesn't give push notification anymore, although I can still view live and recording inside the app. The setting of the app shows notification is on, but the upper left corner shows I'm not logged in. I tried to log in and realized the company has migrated to hik-connect while my account is on hiddns.

The webcam is CCCH chinese version with english menu, on firmware V5.3.0 build 150814. Should I upgrade to the latest firmware on china site (IPC_R0_CN_STD_5.4.41_170707?), and migrate to hik-connect? I'll lose english menu then. Is there a way to stay with hiddns and get the notification working?

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score

raytracer

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't want to take the camera down. If I can live with Chinese menu, can I just upgrade to Chinese firmware and solve the issue?

raytracer

n3wb
Reaction score
No need to take it down - the brickfixV2 is done over the network.
Thanks for the link. The instruction there mentions about changing ip address to 192.0.0. My current pc is on 192.168.1. subnet. If I change both my pc and the hikvision to 192.0.0. and restart, can they still connect over wifi? And which steps are not necessary if my hikvision is not bricked?

raytracer

n3wb
Reaction score
Got the notification working without updating firmware. Just registered on hik-connect but didn't add device on hik-connect, login to hik-connect on the phone, disabled and enabled notification in ivms-4500 settings, then it came again. Guess I'll leave it like that till I have time to play with firmware.