No Picture from VTO on VTH1550CH when using live view

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Answer 1: as all is working well on your mobile, I suspect a cabling problem. Can you hook up your vth with a premade cable to the POE switch. Preferably on another free POE port. Does it then work well? I bet it does!
Answer 2: this is 100% identical as viewing your in-house IP Camera's over WAN/4G/5G: deploy a VPN server (eg on your home router (netgear/asus/ubiquity) or on a pc (raspberry pi)), open a VPN tunnel from your mobile (always on) and off you go. When you receive the notification, just press it and hoppaaa, off you go!

Good luck!
CC

MV30

n3wb
Reaction score
Answer 1: as all is working well on your mobile, I suspect a cabling problem. Can you hook up your vth with a premade cable to the POE switch. Preferably on another free POE port. Does it then work well? I bet it does!
Answer 2: this is 100% identical as viewing your in-house IP Camera's over WAN/4G/5G: deploy a VPN server (eg on your home router (netgear/asus/ubiquity) or on a pc (raspberry pi)), open a VPN tunnel from your mobile (always on) and off you go. When you receive the notification, just press it and hoppaaa, off you go!

Good luck!
CC
Hi, thanks for such quick reply :)

I tried another ethernet cable on the VTH and another port on the router, but the screen is still dark during a call with the same 'network abnormal video connect timeout' message.
I dont get it, i can see the video feed if i go to the monitor, but when calling it won't work...

I've no clue about setting up a server and vpn tunneling, but i will look it up.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
There are a couple of OpenVPN server - client implementation tips on this forum, but have a look at your brand of ISP router (asus/netgear/...) and/or your bandwidth to deploy it yourself. Do never ever open ports on your WAN interface to connect to your devices. Ever.

For the VTH: you say "other port on the router", do you mean on the POE switch? If not, do connect the VTH to the switch.

If all does not work well, in my own experience it is wise to factory reset and start over from scratch, both on the VTO & VTH.

Good luck!
CC

MV30

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm using a linksys lgs116p.

Both VTH and VTO are connected to POE ports now.

I tried the factory reset once, guess i will have to try again.

MV30

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it normal to have the VTH using port 5060 and the VTO using port 5061, as i see under household setting in the status tab?

If i watch this , at the end I see his main VTO is using port 5061 as well, and when the VTO is callling the first VTH he has a black screen but we don't see him answering the call...
Whereas on the second screen you'll see the video when the call is made. Maybe i'm on the wrong path ? Any experts?

Thanks

Yassun

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently received my VTH5341G-W with the VTO2211G-WP and while trying to set it up i had some similar issues as discussed here.

The strange part is that it's the oposite for me. I can access VTO live view trough the VTH but once I try to call the VTH from the doorbell I get a black screen with the audio for a brief moment ending with the 'network abnormal video connect timeout' message.
When i'm connected to my network with my android, the intercom is working and i get the video when i pick up from my phone.

Anyone who has an idea how to solve this? I have tried factory resetting both units and setting it al up again, but no chance. VTO has been set up first with SIP servers IP matching VTO IP. Both units are wired to POE switch (later on I will try to use the VTH in wifi mode since there is no ethernet cable foreseen where i want to install it).

My next question would be how to gain access to the video on my mobile phone when connected to the internet but not my local network. When i ring the doorbell, i get the notification on my phone but i'm unable to answer the call...

Any help is welcome !
Thanks

Hello, do you have find a solution ? i have the exactly same problem...
best regards

MV30

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Yassun,

Nope, no solution found yet. I've been trying to factory reset both devices several times. But no luck.

Yassun

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Yassun,

Nope, no solution found yet. I've been trying to factory reset both devices several times. But no luck.
hello i just managed to solve this. I reset the VTO with the reset hole near the sdcard, also reset the VTH with the admin option. Then i followed exactly the tutorial from this video : .
I enabled Upnp on the VTH and on my modem (fritzbox) activated the option to let redirection of port for the VTH and VTO. I dont know exactly what was the problem... but reseting everything nailed it

MV30

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I finally managed to get It going.
I found a different firmware online.
Latest firmware on Dahua website is something with 4.4............... for the VTO and 4.3........... for the VTH. By some luck and searching on Google I found a firmware starting with 4.4... for the VTH and now it works like a charm.

Just strange that this firmware version is not available from Dahua website itself...

DZLK

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently received my VTH5341G-W with the VTO2211G-WP and while trying to set it up i had some similar issues as discussed here.

The strange part is that it's the oposite for me. I can access VTO live view trough the VTH but once I try to call the VTH from the doorbell I get a black screen with the audio for a brief moment ending with the 'network abnormal video connect timeout' message.
When i'm connected to my network with my android, the intercom is working and i get the video when i pick up from my phone.

Anyone who has an idea how to solve this? I have tried factory resetting both units and setting it al up again, but no chance. VTO has been set up first with SIP servers IP matching VTO IP. Both units are wired to POE switch (later on I will try to use the VTH in wifi mode since there is no ethernet cable foreseen where i want to install it).

My next question would be how to gain access to the video on my mobile phone when connected to the internet but not my local network. When i ring the doorbell, i get the notification on my phone but i'm unable to answer the call...

Any help is welcome !
Thanks
It was a similar problem.
You need to disable IGMP on POE switch or router in WEB interface.

xfaustus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello i just had same video issue. i FIXED disabling "call group" from VTO, then reconfiguring VTO and VTH. Now i see video when calling from VTO.
Hope this can help. My configuration is VTO3211D-P2 + VTH2621G-WP

xfaustus

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, my workaround disabling "call group" was not optimal for people having multiple VTH. The same is for me since now i configured sip also on mobile (DMSS is not so smart for call notification).
After updating my VTO3211D-P2 firmware to 4.511 i saw a new option in network settings: transmission mode 1 and 2.
After selection transmission mode 2, it worked. According DahuaWiki mode 2 is needed if router doesn't support multicast.
Hope this will help,
Fausto