No Record Audio on BI Timeline

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Using BI 5.5.9.6 which has live audio. However, audio can not be recorded and is not be present in the timeline.

Did notice, on a previous thread, that BI does not have this feature.

Is there a reason that recording audio as part of the timeline is not a current BI feature? Are there plans for main stream timeline audio record/playback in perhaps a new FW update?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Timeline doesn't have audio even in the local console. The BI developer is aware, but the more people ask for it, the higher priority it will be.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Yes, that is same comment that I had also read about using UI3 and with no audio recording capabilities. Did notice that there was no response to that July 12th comment as to feature availability or progress in that direction.

Will have to send off a note to Ken as one more request for this feature. An audio record function is available on the Dahua NVR but would rather not reinstalled that device as a replacement for BI.

Is there an acceptable workaround for BI event triggered sound recordings?

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Looked for Ken's email address in the BI forum but did not find any references to that information.

Suggestions on where to locate that information or his actual email address would be appreciated.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Go to BI help all the info is there

View attachment 137184
I do this whenever I install BI on someone's PC or update my own; I then paste that clipboard into notepad and then save it as a text file in the documents folder, even when I don't plan on e-mailing support.

FWIW, my version is 5.4.7.11 from 6/11/21 so I just go to BI "settings" => "About" tab and click on the button "Email Support" in lower right corner, that copies the info to the clipboard.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Appreciate the fast response on the email address.

Email has been sent.

Thank you all.....

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there an acceptable workaround for BI event triggered sound recordings?
Blue Iris should be able to record audio and play it back for single clips via the clip list.

Two things to check:

1. Camera properties > Audio tab, Record audio during profiles, none of the profiles should be grayed out.
2. Camera properties > Record tab > Video file format and compression. Make sure you record to Blue Iris DVR format and have the Use FLAC audio compression box checked. This is the default configuration and is going to be the most reliable.

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Here is a screen shot of the audio tab.

When looking at clips (BI local console - not UI3) , the camera of interest has a speaker plus a green volume bar is present.

All the settings (#2) camera properties are as suggested.

Live audio works for this camera. But is not recorded in the clip.

Audio-Settings.PNG

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Here is a screen shot of the audio tab.

When looking at clips (BI local console - not UI3) , the camera of interest has a speaker plus a green volume bar is present.

All the settings (#2) camera properties are as suggested.

Live audio works for this camera. But is not recorded in the clip.

View attachment 137191
What about "record audio during profiles" ?
Profile "1" is greyed out....is that correct?

Alaska Country

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
"Record audio during profiles" is checked. However, as pointed out, Profile 1 is greyed out. Ungrayed 1 though 7 and now there is recorded audio when viewing 'clips' using the BI local console.

This will work....

Thank you so much for pointing out the fix.