No remote sub stream on IPCT-HFW2431S-I?

KuJoe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello IPCT, I was hoping my first post here was going to be a review but instead I've found myself stumped and came here to ask a question instead.

I received my IPCT-HFW2431S-I the other day and finally got around to setting it up but for some reason I cannot get the sub stream to work in tinyCam Pro or VLC. The sub stream works on the Live View, but that's it. Any ideas as to what's going on here? I can live without it, but for remote viewing the sub stream saves me on data for my cell phone so ideally I'd like to have access to it like I do my other cameras. Thanks!

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
Hello IPCT, I was hoping my first post here was going to be a review but instead I've found myself stumped and came here to ask a question instead.

I received my IPCT-HFW2431S-I the other day and finally got around to setting it up but for some reason I cannot get the sub stream to work in tinyCam Pro or VLC. The sub stream works on the Live View, but that's it. Any ideas as to what's going on here? I can live without it, but for remote viewing the sub stream saves me on data for my cell phone so ideally I'd like to have access to it like I do my other cameras. Thanks!
Hi @KuJoe, thanks for the purchase! You can access the substream by changing the "1" in the RTSP URL to a "2", so the full URL is:

Code:
rtsp://IP:PORT//Streaming/Channels/2

KuJoe

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi @KuJoe, thanks for the purchase! You can access the substream by changing the "1" in the RTSP URL to a "2", so the full URL is:

Code:
rtsp://IP:PORT//Streaming/Channels/2
I figured out the issue, the substream doesn't work when set to H.265 encoding. I changed it to H.264 and it works fine now. That being said thanks for the reply, I realized I had a typo in my URL after copy and pasting your URL into VLC so that saved me from another headache. :)