No reset button to be found.

NDHoof

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes I know Inesun is not “the” brand but I have one and it’s been working great until a few months ago. I opened it up and can not find a factory reset button. It’s a 36z rotating camera, not the dome. Any ideas on resetting? It won’t come online and I can scan the QR and it brings it up but i can not activate it. Ideas for a non geek?

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
How is it powered? Via its own supply or from a PoE switch?
Listen closely, any noises (whirr, or click) from it in the first 90 seconds or so?
Power it up in a dark room... do the IR illuminators come on during the first 90 seconds?
Any light activity on the Ethernet port it is connected to (if the ports have lights)?
consider posting some pix of the circuit board(s).

Welcome to IPCT

NDHoof

n3wb
Reaction score
How is it powered? Via its own supply or from a PoE switch?
Listen closely, any noises (whirr, or click) from it in the first 90 seconds or so?
Power it up in a dark room... do the IR illuminators come on during the first 90 seconds?
Any light activity on the Ethernet port it is connected to (if the ports have lights)?
consider posting some pix of the circuit board(s).

Welcome to IPCT
Thank you I will take pics and post. The camera runs through its cycle ok it just won’t come online on the app (deleted and reinstalled app and camera multiple times). It just insists that it’s offline. It’s wired with a lan cable and 12vdc power pigtail. I’ll have to pull it all apart for gut pics. I’ve been using the HiSee app for this camera and am searching on here for an app that may allow me to view different brands on one app. I have accumulated Boavision, Inesun and one other brand. I did try Blue Iris a few years ago but could not get them all to connect. I don’t record or anything, just check the yard and barns when away from home. App shows camera but it should be green and active…
D3F6A85F-9EB1-4FCC-9676-2827EAE11212.jpeg

Attachments

Last edited:

SpacemanSpiff

Known around here
Reaction score
When the cam is connected, can you review the DHCP clients in your router settings? The hope is that you see the IP address lease assigned to the camera. You can then try typing the IP address into a web browser, and see if anything comes up in the browser

NDHoof

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah ha! I jumped those two and wal-la the sucker is working! Spaceman Spiff THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR TIME and answering. I really do appreciate it. The world needs more mentors. Now to continue my search for a universal viewing app.