No rtsp stream nvr2104-p-s2 with new camera IPC-T54IR-ze-s3

TheMystery

n3wb
Reaction score
Today I got my new ipc-t54ir-ze-s3 camera from Andy, connected it to my 10 years old nvr2104-p-s2.
Most things are working, I can change the main stream and sub stream encoding settings, set device name and so on.
With dmss and with smart pss a have a picture, so far so good.

But i can’t get the rtsp stream working, I have connected the camera to my Poe switch to logon to the camera’s webinterface (because via the nvr that is not working too)
checked all settings but i don’t see a difference with my few years old IPC-T3241T-ZAS camera. Directely connected the rtsp stream is working normally.

Anyone an idee what the problem could be?

TheMystery

n3wb
Reaction score
If I use this behind the rtsp url I get a login screen where my credentials are not working
&unicast=true&proto=Onvif

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
In my Dahua, there are separate authentications for the user account and for ONVIF; under "Setting" => "Account".

Additionally, ONVIF authentication can be disabled under "Setting" => "Access Platform" => "ONVIF"

If all else fails, consider a hard reset of the camera, log back into it's webGUI at 192.168.1.108 and set it back up.

TheMystery

n3wb
Reaction score
My nvr has no seperate account for onvif, this is only available in the camera webinterface itself and already tried to make an account there with no luck.
The disable onvif authentication is also only on the camera webinterface itself and disabeling that does not change anything.

i have reset the camera and results are the same.

But i don't want to use onvif but rtsp with the following urls for the 4 connected camera's to the nvr:
Code:
rtsp:/username:password@ipnvr:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0
rtsp:/username:password@ipnvr:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=2&subtype=0
rtsp:/username:password@ipnvr:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=3&subtype=0
rtsp:/username:password@ipnvr:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=4&subtype=0
Only the url from the new camera is not working the rest is ok.
for testing i tried by setting this behind the url: &unicast=true&proto=Onvif for onvif
but i always get al login screen also if i disable auth on the camera's web interface itself.
And adding a user for onvif is not accepted.

TheMystery

n3wb
Reaction score
for testing I got an DHI-NVR4104-P-4KS2 and with firmware version 3.2 rtsp was als not working, but after upgrading to v4 rtsp is working.
So a s3 camera needs an nvr with v4 software.