NO Signal: Error: 80002af9 (Failed to connect)

Desertsweeper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have searched the forums and indeed the internet to try and resolve this error to no avail. I have three BI servers - an old v4 rock-solid and a new migrated BI5 that is dodgy and a newer fresh-from-scratch BI5. Both the old and new servers have no problem seeing the HikVision as either ONVIF or HikVision. But the new fresh-from-scratch server simply will not talk to this camera, despite interrogating it successfully and irrelevant of me selecting ONVIF or HikVision 2CDetc. It produces this unknown error: NO Signal: Error: 80002af9 (Failed to connect). It is the 10th camera I added. I rebooted the camera and the server. 9 Cameras connected - one failed. Running happily on the other two servers that I want to ultimately retire

Anyone seen this or offer advice?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I had a camera do that once when I rebuilt from scratch. No matter what I tried, it wouldn't take it. I ended up having to take the exported config file for that camera only and importing it in. So if you still have access to that camera in another BI system, export out just that camera settings.

Desertsweeper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi @wittaj thanks for your quick response. I do have access to all three. I poked around and see no way to export one camera's settings. I assume you mean disable all the other cameras and then export BI? I am nervous to try this as this is what i did for me "new" server - I exported from BI4 and imported to a fresh BI5 and it was very unstable. Folks here on the forum suggest I wipe and do a fresh-from-scratch which I did and it is much better. But now if i go and import wonky settings aside from this camera....

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I would prefer a fresh from scratch approach and I did that earlier this year when my system got wonky.

But I had one camera that wouldn't work, so I had to decide to either not use that camera or take a chance that there would be minimal issues in just that camera configuration. Fortunately it worked out for me LOL.

You can export just the camera config on the main camera page under the general tab.

Last edited:

Desertsweeper

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are a genius - gratitude - working perfectly after import! Thank you so much