No signal image, but stream receiving

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have an ip cam connected and has been working fine until about 2 weeks ago.

The camera is located at work, and has been connected at home by a DDNS address.

But now I only get a "no signal" screen, No Signal.JPG and in the camera general tab it says I am receiving a 2.1Mp, 1.51fps stream.Main Stream.JPG
I have rebooted the camera, and rerun "find/inspect",Find inspect.JPG restarted BI, rebooted works router.
While at home I can log on to the camera with Chrome using the same address as BI uses.

Can anyone give me some tips please.

See screen shots

Thanks.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Did you update BI recently? Turn Hardware Accelerate or Hardware Decode (forget what it is called in BI) to NO and see if that brings it back.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Just tried the hardware decode to NO, still the same.
Last update version 5.3.7.12 x64

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wonder if Foscam changed something?

The find/inspect usually does a good job of finding it. Try the generic and see if that works.

mickiete

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Generic did not work. So I decided to do a reboot of pc again, already done this a few times with no luck, BUT this time for some reason the screen has gone back to normal and I can now see the view.

Thanks for your time in trying to solve this with me.

Do have another question, but will start a new thread.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is amazing how often the "reboot trick" gets it going!

Reaction score
I dont have an answer directly to your problem, but I can help you rule out the camera you got. I got an diffrent brand, and its the same for me to sometimes. I havent had the system up and running long enough to pinpoint the source of the problem, but sometimes I get the black screen saying no feed, but the stream is there as normal..

HappyChappie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi Folks,

I'm having an almost identical issue. I'm running a Dahua 8 channel network dvr with 8 Dahua ip cams. Everything is as perfect as it ever was through the dvr. I also run Blue Iris and Pale Moon through my PC to channel the images through to another room. I have both as I originally used PM before buying BI for better functionality.

The problem is that for the past month or so when running BI, randomly one or more of the cams have been displaying the screens exactly as shown in the first post. For the past few days this has escalated to the stage where all 8 of my cameras are displaying the same "No Signal, (failed to connect) error 8000274c" in BI. I have tried PM but it erroring out with the message "The connection has timed out. The server at 192.168.0.19 is taking too long to respond".

This is the address of my dvr, would I be correct in thinking that the problem is internal to the DVR? I have rebooted the DVR several times through it's own operating system as well as the cameras and the PC I run these through. I'm wondering if a complete reset might be required as I'm thinking there may be a corrupt file or address causing this issue.

I did a reset about two years ago when I first fitted the system but I made an arse of it and had to get the ladders out and go round all 8 cameras doing individual resets. I don't want to have to do that again! The cameras are all password protected and I have all of these. Is there a way to reset the DVR back to "as new" and start again without needing to get the ladders out again?

The DVR is a Dahua NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2

A bit of a long winded message so thanks for getting this far and thanks again for any pointers anyone can give me with this.

Cheers.

HappyChappie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update.

I gave this some thought and decided to check out if there was any updated firmware for my Dahua NVR4108HS-8P-4KS2. There was, so after a bit of faffing I managed to download the BIN file to a usb drive on my pc. I then put the drive in the NVR usb port and went to the system upgrade window and ran it. It ran for two or three minutes and then the whole thing rebooted and all is well on Blue Iris and Pale Moon once again. I'll need to see how it goes long term but at least it is back online for now.

The firmware upgrade is reference no V4.001.0000005.1, Build Date: 26/11/2020, so quite recent.

The later gui is a lot more up to date looking and I could access the DVR through Chrome which was not possible with the old operating system.

Early days but it seems like a worthwhile upgrade.

Cheers.