"No Signal" issues every few days

rajuabju

n3wb
Reaction score
So far, Official BlueIris support hasnt been much help at all to me.
Every 2-3 days, I am getting a "No Signal" error suddenly on ALL my camera's. Not really sure what is causing it . All of my camera's (20) are Dahua brand. Mix of bullet, dome and turret. They are all POE camera, all of them are hardwired to my switch from Ubiquti, nothing is wireless.

I've reset router & switch. I've checked for firmware updates. I've made sure blueiris.exe is allowed through on windows firewall & router

I'm running latest version of BI5 (BI Support told me to upgrade from a slightly older version of BI5)

I do notice that CPU usage shoots to 100% when/after the No Signal issue occurs.

here is a snippet from the log file: this is from a few weeks ago, but same thing occurs every couple of days. I restart the computer each time and hten it works for 2-3 days again before same issue popups.

Any help would be appreciated!

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are your cameras on a separate network from the other equipment in the house?
Does the camera data pass through the router ?

Try splitting the cameras between two POE switches.

Provide screen shot of
1) Blue iris status (lighting bolt graph) clip storage
2) blue Iris status cameras

rajuabju

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, separate LAN (and protected by VPN per recommendations here)

Not 100% sure what you mean by data pass through router? its through my switch. I have a Ubiquiti Unifi POE switch for all camera's. I will check my other switch and and see if I can swap

Screen shots attached. Everything is working fine since I just restarted a short while ago... I will add more screen shots as soon as it goes down again to "No Signal" on everything.

A couple of other things
1) The computer I'm using should easily be able to handle BI, its 9th generation i7 CPU, 16GB of RAM
2) Confirmed all overlays are on the camera's directly, not through BI. I did have, out of 2 total camera's, 2 that did NOT have DTD on. Fixed that and will see how it goes.
3) All of my cam's are 2MP I believe. All recording based on trigger alerts. some 720p and most 1080p.

Attachments

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the BI computer connected to the same switch as the cameras ?
By through the router i mean , when tracing the network path for data from the camera to the BI computer the data passes through the router.

Can you provided a simple network diagram of the bi pc, switches, other network equipment and your router ?

does the Ubiquti switch have an internal log file ? I am not an Ubiquti expert.

Last edited:

rajuabju

n3wb
Reaction score
Got it, thanks for clarifying.

Yes, BI Computer is on same switch as camera's.
No, when tracing network path, it would go Camera <-> Switch <-> Computer (and the WD Purple hard drives where everything is stored are inside the computer, not using a separate NAS)

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Is the Ubiquti switch on a UPS ?
Have to check the electric current draw of the POE cameras on the switch, Both day and Night ?

rajuabju

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, switch is on a UPS. Its the Unifi 48port 750w switch. So it has more than enough power. I can monitor draw for a few days. But not sure I understand night vs day question, the "No Signal" issue I'm experiencing isnt tied to a specific time frame or time in the day/night, other than it happening 1-3 days after whatever point I restart the computer from.

There are other devices also plugged into the switch, including a Ring Elite POE Doorbell, and a few non-poe devices, no issues with any of those.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Check the logs in the Unifi switch for the time of the disconnect. Do they give any indication of the problem ?
The question about day and night is that outside cameras draw more power at night then during the day.

brad2388

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have had similer problems with the i7-6700. I think it goes back to the video driver. Intel has updated them twice in the last few weeks.

When mine show no signal i can hit the ip cams webpage and show video there.

So its something with blueiris or intel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rajuabju

n3wb
Reaction score
Well, so far its been 22 hrs, and everything seems ok. Per some other recommendations, I tweaked a few things, as follows:

• 3 of my 20 camera's did not have DTD enabled, so I fixed that.
  • I also tweaked frame rates from the camera's to lower slightly.
  • Updated all drivers/firmware on my computer, including from Intel
  • Monitoring my switch and the POE, seems stable I dont see any up/down spikes, error logs, or anything that would indicate issues coming from the switch but will continue to monitor
  • I havent downgraded back to 5.2.6.5 but will consider that if I get another mass "No Signal" issue
Usually in the past camera's would work for 1-3 days before before CPU spiked to 100% and all cams went to No Signal. So far so good, lets see if it lasts.

Definitely appreciate the feedback so far!!

Reaction score
When you are watching the cameras from BI and get a “No Signal” error are you able to login to the camera in question and view Live? If you can and also view Live then the problem wouldn’t be your switches.

I have all UniFi equipment and haven’t had any problems with them powering the cameras.

On the few occasions that I got the “No Signal” error it turned out to be hardware acceleration and the driver I had installed. I’m currently using:

04E63B0F-D72A-4834-AACE-E148C42F8D28.jpeg

rajuabju

n3wb
Reaction score
So far so good. All cams but one working as expected. Still troubleshooting the one camera but I’m getting close. Thx for the feedback and help so far!

Reaction score
Well, so far its been 22 hrs, and everything seems ok. Per some other recommendations, I tweaked a few things, as follows:

• 3 of my 20 camera's did not have DTD enabled, so I fixed that.
  • I also tweaked frame rates from the camera's to lower slightly.
  • Updated all drivers/firmware on my computer, including from Intel
  • Monitoring my switch and the POE, seems stable I dont see any up/down spikes, error logs, or anything that would indicate issues coming from the switch but will continue to monitor
  • I havent downgraded back to 5.2.6.5 but will consider that if I get another mass "No Signal" issue
Usually in the past camera's would work for 1-3 days before before CPU spiked to 100% and all cams went to No Signal. So far so good, lets see if it lasts.

Definitely appreciate the feedback so far!!
Make sure your frame rate and i frame rate are the same.