No signal on three of my cameras. Foscam works fine.

Neeco51

n3wb
Reaction score
New to the forum and first post. I'm in the trial period of the BI software and before I buy it I want to make sure that it works with all my cameras. I have a Foscam camera which works fine in BI. I added a camera from my old iPhone, a camera from an old Droid phone, and a camera from an Android tablet. I selected the correct Foscam profile and the generic MPEG profile for the other three cameras and the only one that seems to work is the Foscam. The cameras work because I can access them via the browser link in the VIDEO tab of the camera setup. I setup port forwarding via Dnsalias and I can see the video from all the cameras just fine in my Smartphone IP Camera app. Is there any special settings in BI that need to be setup?

If I can't get this resolved I will have to find some other software that can hanlde the various camera types.
Thanks in advance for your help.

Lebeter

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Did you set the path to /videofeed for the cameras in settings? I got a few android phones to work no problem in BI, albeit they were slow over WiFi which is a different problem altogether. Just an FYI, I thought your post came across as a veiled threat. Nobody that I know of here providing "FREE" support has any personal ties to the development of BI, so nobody owes you an answer here, nor owes you the time to figure things out for you especially when the only thing you've contributed thus far on the forum with 1 post is asking for something from everyone else. If you need to go evaluate another software package, go do it and let us know how it works out for you, but don't threaten people here to try something else.

Neeco51

n3wb
Reaction score
Did you set the path to /videofeed for the cameras in settings? I got a few android phones to work no problem in BI, albeit they were slow over WiFi which is a different problem altogether. Just an FYI, I thought your post came across as a veiled threat. Nobody that I know of here providing "FREE" support has any personal ties to the development of BI, so nobody owes you an answer here, nor owes you the time to figure things out for you especially when the only thing you've contributed thus far on the forum with 1 post is asking for something from everyone else. If you need to go evaluate another software package, go do it and let us know how it works out for you, but don't threaten people here to try something else.

I will check the video path when I get home tonight, thank you.
I can see how you could have misinterpreted my post as a "veiled threat" but it wasn't meant as such.
I understand that these are free support forums and nobody owes me an answer, the problem is mine to resolve. I was merely trying to express (poor choice of words) that if I don't get BI to work during the trial period I will need to find an alternate software solution.

Neeco51

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using IP Webcam on my droid and iPCamera-High-End-Network Camera on the iPhone. I can see the video streams with my "tinyCam Monitor PRO" app on my other Droid but not in BI. Do you know which camera type I need to select in BI?
Thanks for your help.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
IP Webcam uses mjpeg (motion jpeg), and the iPhone app almost certainly does the same. So choose the MJPEG stream option, and make sure you enter the right path and whatnot -- the app should tell you what you need to know.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Also, be aware that mjpeg is really inefficient with bandwidth. Having all these streaming cameras on WiFi may seriously hinder WiFi performance, not only for yourself and housemates, but for close-by neighbors too if you have them!

Neeco51

n3wb
Reaction score
IP Webcam uses mjpeg (motion jpeg), and the iPhone app almost certainly does the same. So choose the MJPEG stream option, and make sure you enter the right path and whatnot -- the app should tell you what you need to know.
I changed to MJPEG and set the path to /videofeed for both the droid and the iPhone. The droid now works but the iPhone still says there is no signal. Any other ideas? Thanks.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I changed to MJPEG and set the path to /videofeed for both the droid and the iPhone. The droid now works but the iPhone still says there is no signal. Any other ideas? Thanks.
what app are you using on your iphone?

Neeco51

n3wb
Reaction score
I contacted the app developer and he suggested that I use "/live" as the path. I did that and it worked.
Thanks for your help.