No signal with RTSP yet works fine in VLC

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I hope you're all well
I'm just after some advice please as I'm stuck witha problem on 4.3.9.0 x64 with a Hikvision DS-CD2332-I running firmware
V5.2.5 build 141201
Basically no matter what settings I use in BI it shows No Signal for the camera. If I use the exact same parameters in VLC it results in a fully working video stream but no matter what combination I use in Blue Iris it just shows No signal. Likewise when using the Hikvision admin webpage with the plugin you see video with no issues.
I have hardware acceleration turned off.
I've run a Network Monitor sniff and it shows that the connection to the camera is established and then torn down and it just keeps repeating this process.
Browser wise I'm using Chrome on OSX - is it possible it's a browser thing corrupting the camera? I've tried resetting to defaults but it just doesn't want to play ball!
Thanks in advance for any pointers.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, I hope you're all well
I'm just after some advice please as I'm stuck witha problem on 4.3.9.0 x64 with a Hikvision DS-CD2332-I running firmware
V5.2.5 build 141201
Basically no matter what settings I use in BI it shows No Signal for the camera. If I use the exact same parameters in VLC it results in a fully working video stream but no matter what combination I use in Blue Iris it just shows No signal. Likewise when using the Hikvision admin webpage with the plugin you see video with no issues.
I have hardware acceleration turned off.
I've run a Network Monitor sniff and it shows that the connection to the camera is established and then torn down and it just keeps repeating this process.
Browser wise I'm using Chrome on OSX - is it possible it's a browser thing corrupting the camera? I've tried resetting to defaults but it just doesn't want to play ball!
Thanks in advance for any pointers.
try using the find inspect button. If that doesnt work, try hikvision 2cd and hikvision rtsp from the dropdown. Make sure your username and password are correctly entered in blue iris. Check ports.

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply - it's all correct - I'm just setting up the RTSP directly to see if it works that way onto my phone.

The camera won't work as RTSP or as the Hikvision CDxxxx option. If I change the password it then realises that it's wrong and says check port / user / password.

I've done a full factory reset of the camera and it won't even work then. Is there a log file anywhere with more verbose information about what it's doing please?

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I also should have added that all ports are at defaults

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Hi, I've tried deleting multiple times now but seems the same - I've also tried adding multiple versions of the same camera with different names too but I get the same no signal error each time.

I've attached a few screenshots just to show the config - it's a strange one as I have two Hikvision DS-CD2332-I cameras with the same firmware and config and one is working in BI now and just started working after it had been removed and readded a few times and it's been perfect since. Config wise it's the same as the one that is playing up.

Im just going through some more changes such as port changes and user changes to see if it makes any difference.

The BI instance is also connected to a remote Wansview 1080p camera and a Dahua 4MP camera which both work perfectly fine which is why I'm so confused with the Hikvision - especially when one works now!

I've noticed a couple of other posts from people saying they get no signal so I'm not sure if it's something else causing this random issue.

The cameras are fed directly from an Avaya 48 port gigabit switch and the ports and cameras are configured for 100Mbit / Full duplex.

I'm also just installing all the latest Windows Updates in case there's something there that may help.

Screen Shot 2016-06-12 at 06.56.50 copy.jpgScreen Shot 2016-06-12 at 06.56.58 copy.jpgScreen Shot 2016-06-12 at 06.56.34 copy.jpgScreen Shot 2016-06-12 at 06.56.03 copy.jpgScreen Shot 2016-06-12 at 06.55.06 copy.jpgScreen Shot 2016-06-12 at 06.54.53 copy.jpgScreen Shot 2016-06-12 at 06.53.34 copy.jpg

reverend

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
OK I'm in!

This is a weird one, so I have no idea why the camera worked with VLC but not Blue Iris, but basically I'm using a datacentre class Avaya 48 port switch and when doing network traces I noticed I was seeing a lot of fast retransmissions and duplicate ACKs at the TCP level of the HK camera that wasn't working, but not with the one which was working.

I went through various troubleshooting steps and it turns out that on the network port which wasn't working it wasn't negotiating receive mode flow control - I changed that, deleted and re-added the camera and boom it's in and working in Blue Iris now. I don't know why VLC and TinyCam Pro on the phone have worked all along but maybe it's just something in the way video is handled and excessive TCP retransmits are causing Blue Iris to throw a wobbly.

One to add to the notes anyway :)